FRODO Thumbnail sync storage
An update. Things i know so far:

*My dbase, upgraded from pre Dharma to Frodo, doesn't match a clean Frodo installs. Specifics likely not the sole source of my issues but likely relevant. Some details here http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13638
*No fanart on windows is not dbase related and is caused by this path sub issue http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13664. Once this is fixed I will try a Eden to Frodo upgrade using windows again

One question. If a show is added that currently has missing art at TVDB, will Frodo by itself later update and get art if it exists or does this action require a user to refresh the show?
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
(2012-12-06, 10:19)xexe Wrote: One question. If a show is added that currently has missing art at TVDB, will Frodo by itself later update and get art if it exists or does this action require a user to refresh the show?
You will have to do this manually.

Artwork Downloader is able to directly update your db if (tvshow)artwork is missing without you needing to refresh the tvshow.
This does not work for season artwork. That will still have to be done manually either by selecting it yourself or by refreshing the tvshow.
Neither does it do the episode thumbs

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn thanks for the reply. That clears that up.

Artwork downloader doesnt really excite me much as "This then is downloaded to the folder location where that media is stored. ". Art beside media is not for me.

Refreshing a show isnt a big deal though. ta

I retested last night with:

XBMC (12.0-RC2 Git:74b907c), Platform: Linux (OpenELEC - Version: devel-20121220210011-r12736, 3.6.11 x86_64)

Immediate impressions is that almost every bug i have encountered to date has been fixed. Episode thumbs are now converted, windows path sub works etc etc

The only bug that remains is when one show is stored in two locations as described by:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13513
Error when a TV Show is stored in multiple locations.

Whilst this is known bug in Eden I did not see it. However on upgrading the library to Frodo as far as I can tell every show stored in more than one location has missing art in some form.

Nice work

Update:

Point of interest

root@SERVER:/mnt/cache/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails# find | wc -l
root@SERVER:/mnt/cache/.xbmcfrodo/userdata/Thumbnails# find | wc -l

After the update I have 85,958 new images however I haven't told XBMC to refresh any shows from the internet.

I seem to not quite understand the Frodo thumbnail sharing option.
I'm having an issue with syncing between machines, here's my setup:

1) "Master" XBMC - Eden Library was exported with multiple files, then re-imported to Frodo, Thumbnails were all scanned and then Thumbnails folder was copied to each client. Then Textures13.db was copied from this to all clients as per the Wiki.

2) "Client" XBMC(s): All had their Thumnails copied from the "master" and the Textures13.db from the master PC placed in the userdata/Database folders.

Now, sometimes it seems to work - most times I end up with the following:

MASTER XBMC:

http://tensixtyseven.com/screenshots/masterxbmc.png

CLIENT XBMC(s):

http://tensixtyseven.com/screenshots/clientxbmc.png

The wierdness continues, as sometimes the "poster" or "cover" will show up for movies of TV shows, but the "preview" snapshot will not.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the thumbnail sharing still a but buggy. It worked perfectly for me when I was syncing my master Thumbnails folder with each client under Eden, just the switch to Frodo seems to have created this glitch. I understand the art gets stored differently now, and this is why I followed the wiki as stated above.

Any gurus have any advice? It's certainly got me stumped and it's less than impressive when I'm showing off the system and some art is there and some is not. Even art that was previously "discovered" on the client machines will sometimes go missing again....

Also, another question... if I update the artwork on a client, is that change reflected and "pushed" back across the other clients and master, or does the change simply reside on the local client's folder?

Thanks in advance!
SpringsteenRadio.com: All Boss, All The Time
radioKAOS: killer internet radio
I want to keep my thumbnails on my NAS (Mysql). I'm still using path substitution in my advancedsettings.xml file. Why are the thumbnails locally cached then? I am not interested in speed, but space on my SSD and ATV2.
Frodo v.12.2
If your path sub is working, your "locally" cached thumbnails will be stored on your NAS, not locally on your SSD/ATV2.

If you are asking why you still have thumbnails being stored on your SSD, then it would seem your path substitution is not working.

On the other hand, if you're asking *why* you need locally cached artwork at all, it's primarily because some artwork might be stored on the internet (or slow storage) and retrieving such images from the internet/slow storage each time they are displayed is going to result in a hideous user experience (very slow performance). Secondly, artwork is often optimised from it's native format into a format (resized, resampled, reformatted etc.), more suitable for the client device which wouldn't otherwise be possible without a "local" cache.

In short, a local cache makes a great deal of sense.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok thank you Milhouse. I will check my path substitution. Local cache has its benefits, but ATV2 has limited space, and my collection is ever growing. I do not care for speed, only with the ssd (laptop client) perhaps. Can I choose to have one client retrieve thumbnails locally and the other from a NAS?
(2013-07-15, 09:37)evillevi Wrote: Can I choose to have one client retrieve thumbnails locally and the other from a NAS?

Sure.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FRODO Thumbnail sync storage0