Second-gen XBMC box - ideas?
1) No problem with 20-pin. It installs as you say.

2) The washer goes between the bracket and the nut on the outside of the case.

Just curious ... which bracket did you get?
Hi Dougie,

It was this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCI-Rear-Slot-...668wt_1144

Discy
First fire-up was this evening. Lovely and quiet - wow, I really notice not having the PSU fan - but it's still warming up. G620 is now 65 degrees CPU temperature and climbing. I smell a rat, Dougie... The CPU fan is constantly beneath 600rpm - surely it should kick into a higher RPM earlier than that, shouldn't it?

Discy
Just checked. The IBM board seems to be suggesting the control temperature - i.e. the temperature it aims to keep the processor at - is over 80 degrees! That can't be right, can it? Should I possibly take some voltage off the CPU?

Discy
Just a quick Google of "DH67BL cpu fan control" and I see a lot of post about fan control issues and the DH67BL, etc. that are solved with a newer BIOS. Have you updated to the latest BIOS?
Dougie,

My box is up and running basically nicely now, but I'm noticing one issue. The PSU, I believe, is making a very high-pitched noise - like a pair of extremely high notes that alternate constantly - when the box is in suspend mode (which is how I leave it, because I want to switch it on and off with remote).

Am wondering if you have had a similar experience with this? Or should I contact my supplier and see if it's a faulty unit?

Any help gratefully received,

Discy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Second-gen XBMC box - ideas?0