Which Acer Revo?
Hello XBMC community i need some help getting started, i've decided to ditch to my media player and get a dedicated system

i was tempted to getting a jailbroken AppleTV2until i saw they're now selling for £150 on ebay, i did some searching and found an Acer Revo might be the way to go, i don't know the difference between the RL70 and the R3700 though and wondered if someone could help me out, is the RL70 fast enough? i have two options

http://www.ebuyer.com/319554-acer-aspire...-sj4ec-001 < Linux
http://www.ebuyer.com/344470-acer-aspire...-sj4ek-002 < Windows7

obviously the Linux seems better but i have to never used an operation system other than Windows before would i be better off getting the Windows and upgrading it to 4gm ram? i have 2 1tb external drives so the extra space is irrelevant as its still not enough

i want it to boot straight to xbmc and ignore the OS so which is easiest really?

thanks in advance
Still in development, but you might want to check out the Pivos XIOS DS. Full disclosure, they are a sponsor of Team-XBMC, but I really don't have any brand loyalties and have no issues dropping them once the new hot 20 year old, errr, version, comes out. (in other words, I consider myself unbiased). While I love my ATV2, the Pivos XIOS basically kicks the ATV2 (and even the ATV3, if it ever gets jailbroken)'s ass and costs about $115.
(2012-09-17, 17:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Still in development, but you might want to check out the Pivos XIOS DS. Full disclosure, they are a sponsor of Team-XBMC, but I really don't have any brand loyalties and have no issues dropping them once the new hot 20 year old, errr, version, comes out. (in other words, I consider myself unbiased). While I love my ATV2, the Pivos XIOS basically kicks the ATV2 (and even the ATV3, if it ever gets jailbroken)'s ass and costs about $115.

that seems pretty good but i cant find it available anywhere in the UK :|

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Acer Revo?0