MP4 Videos No Longer Playing
Any ideas? xmc.log:

12:50:27 T:1372705856 WARNING: OpenVideoStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.

This was working just fine until the latest CEC update from Raspbmc so what can I do to correct? All of my stuff is MP4. I verified .xvid still works so it can play some video.

HELP!!!!
(2012-09-17, 20:09)Mocheezmo Wrote: Any ideas? xmc.log:

12:50:27 T:1372705856 WARNING: OpenVideoStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.

This was working just fine until the latest CEC update from Raspbmc so what can I do to correct? All of my stuff is MP4. I verified .xvid still works so it can play some video.

HELP!!!!

A sample of one of your non playing files would help.
I'm getting the same thing with openELEC, I reconverted a small part of one of the files using videopad and it played. They only difference I see when look at the codec info in VLC is that in the file that doesn't play, stream 0 is the audio and stream 1 is the video. In the file that does play stream 0 is the video and stream 1 is the audio. Does this make a difference?

I would like to provide a sample I'm not sure what program to use so that it won't re-encode it like videopad did.
@gimli, I think it's time for a sticky about posting errors etc. (or give me mod rights for raspberry and i'll do it)

@ the rest, if you want a dev to look at your issue (that is, if the issue hasn't been address yet (ie. use search!) ) please provide the following

example post of the info we need for Apple TV2
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92480

Hi, this has also happened to me, I think MP4 files no longer play, I did some test:

-First I tried reading the file from different media: hard drive, pen drive and SD, didn't work
-I shared the file to a friend of mine, he couldn't play smooth any mp4 file as well.
-I did a log and found that the audio codec was failing to decompress.
-Also, I tried a xbmc build from Jul-04 and the files played, one weird fact: the very first file played after boot failed, but if I stop and play again, all files works nice.

My guess: the cache is way too short, mp4 files really compressed fills it quicker than it should with regular files.

Anyway, I hope this helps.
As gimli says, a sample would be useful. You can host it on Dropbox, and produce a cut down sample with mp4box gui.
indeed, host a sample,

In the mean time, always post which distro you are using and what version, just saying you run raspbmc doesn't help, was it RC4 ? RC5 beta ?

To give an example, my mp4's play fine with the latest nightly on OpenElec...
I tried splitting with mp4box, but when I do the split files play fine...

The entire thing still doesn't work and now I'm not even getting sound.

Here is the xmbc.log

I'm running OpenELEC r-11930

All other file types play fine.

I really wish I could upload a sample, any other suggestions on how to split it?
(2012-09-23, 19:32)koopa Wrote: I tried splitting with mp4box, but when I do the split files play fine...

The entire thing still doesn't work and now I'm not even getting sound.

Here is the xmbc.log

I'm running OpenELEC r-11930

All other file types play fine.

I really wish I could upload a sample, any other suggestions on how to split it?

why not try the latest version

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP4 Videos No Longer Playing0