linux run shell script from menu...so simple?
OK so I deleted the launchers.xml file and without the need to reinstall it started to behave as before. I have noticed on my (Raspberry PI) based system, it seems best to exit the Advanced Launcher add in after each change as the context menu does not seem to come up and I think that was what threw me (hence the file hacking).

The bit that I had also missed was adding the sources - i.e. creating /bin/sh as a source so that I could pick it up as an app.

Cheers Angelscry - I am on a roll ;-)

Rob
(2013-03-03, 17:32)robbieb43 Wrote: Thanks Angelscry, I wondered if that may be the case - except it does not prompt me to do that now. I think I am going for a fresh install as it did the first time I used it. However, I still had a problem mapping the instructions for the general pupose shell script launcher to the attribute names in the post - have there been any changes since these instructions were set out?

Sorry for being a numpty here :-(
I strongly suggest you to read the user guide part concerning the files launcher creation : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4#p4
Concerning your scripts, have to made a chmod to render them executables?

(2013-03-03, 18:25)robbieb43 Wrote: OK so I deleted the launchers.xml file and without the need to reinstall it started to behave as before. I have noticed on my (Raspberry PI) based system, it seems best to exit the Advanced Launcher add in after each change as the context menu does not seem to come up and I think that was what threw me (hence the file hacking).
Are you actually using version 1.13.0 of Advanced Launcher? This last version fix such refresh display bug.
Thumbs Up 
I thought I would add a post-script to this as there was one further trap in this thread that could lead to laptops being thrown across the room ;-)

Specifically for the multiple script launcher described, option should be to create a Files launcher, not a stand alone, as the latter does not ask for file extension types of have the scan option in the context menu.

Hope this helps someone.

Rob
Hi
can someone please help me I am trying to start a sh script
i cannot seem to get it to work and I acnnot seem to find where to:

Finally select "Add Items" menu entry and choose "Scan for new items" option. All your .sh script must have been added. Select one of them to start your scripts.
Neither can i find wherer to select : File path : directory where are located the created .sh scripts. File extension : sh

any help would be very appreciated
ps
this is my xml file
<categories>
<category>
<id>default</id>
<name>Default</name>
<thumb></thumb>
<fanart></fanart>
<genre></genre>
<description></description>
</category>
</categories>
<launchers>
<launcher>
<id>cb644030bdef40cea1150a1ca7942459</id>
<name>sh</name>
<category>default</category>
<application>/bin/sh</application>
<args>"%rom%"</args>
<rompath></rompath>
<thumbpath>/bin/</thumbpath>
<fanartpath>/bin/</fanartpath>
<trailerpath></trailerpath>
<custompath></custompath>
<romext></romext>
<platform>Linux</platform>
<thumb></thumb>
<fanart></fanart>
<genre></genre>
<release></release>
<publisher></publisher>
<launcherplot></launcherplot>
<finished>false</finished>
<minimize>false</minimize>
<lnk></lnk>
<roms>
</roms>
</launcher>
</launchers>
You need to create an items launcher and not a stand-alone launcher,
(2013-10-07, 20:05)Angelscry Wrote: You need to create an items launcher and not a stand-alone launcher,

You mean a Files launcher?
(2013-10-07, 20:33)isitmeor Wrote:
(2013-10-07, 20:05)Angelscry Wrote: You need to create an items launcher and not a stand-alone launcher,

You mean a Files launcher?
Yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
linux run shell script from menu...so simple?0