Sharing library via VPN on ipad
Hi

I have a set-up at home where I have my XBMC library/database stored on my NAS.

I travel a lot, and would like to be able to access my media on the go with my iPad. I was considering jailbreaking it and installing XBMC and then using a VPN to connect to my home network, and access the shared library/database. Is this possible?

I have googled but with no success for this topic. Hope someone is able to help!

/Ulrik
I think i did that once, i could browse my library but my vpn connection was way too slow to play anything
You'd need a very good up-stream internet connection speed to play the files without having to transcode them. Personally, when I need to stream over the internet, I just use AirVideo from the iOS AppStore, which comes with a very good transcoding server (the client has even been reverse engineered, so it's possible someone might make an XBMC client/add-on).
My upload is no problem 25mbit.

I couldn't get it to work with VPN - it simply wouldn't find any network drives - weird!

However doing it via ftp works fine, I guess I will just use it this way, in any case the end result is the same Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing library via VPN on ipad0