Recommended movies based on previously watched?
Its not really similar to those because you already know the movies.
(2012-09-19, 13:40)Big_Noid Wrote: Its not really similar to those because you already know the movies.

similar in regards to recommending you something based on what you already watched/purchased/viewed. I got the idea from netflix although it is far advanced it still would be a nice script to have in xbmc, helps with choosing a movie to watch instead of just scrolling through a large list.
Yes but the point of those recommendations is to get people to purchase/watch something they dont already own/know. Personally I don't see any added value over random items script or just browsing by genre, but since I dont maintain the script that shouldn't matter Wink
(2012-09-19, 14:32)Big_Noid Wrote: Yes but the point of those recommendations is to get people to purchase/watch something they dont already own/know. Personally I don't see any added value over random items script or just browsing by genre, but since I dont maintain the script that shouldn't matter Wink
Just to give you an idea how easy it now is to do a random list compared to Eden
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ra...3001e08c20
(needs a small fix in core code)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-19, 14:42)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 14:32)Big_Noid Wrote: Yes but the point of those recommendations is to get people to purchase/watch something they dont already own/know. Personally I don't see any added value over random items script or just browsing by genre, but since I dont maintain the script that shouldn't matter Wink
Just to give you an idea how easy it now is to do a random list compared to Eden

Okay, so you do most of the filtering already in the JSON code, instead of getting back a bunch of results and then start filtering.
(2012-09-19, 14:49)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-09-19, 14:42)Martijn Wrote:

Okay, so you do most of the filtering already in the JSON code, instead of getting back a bunch of results and then start filtering.

Correct.
More advanced filter option example
http://pastebin.com/iHzqV13Q

Most important thing is that the results are as fast as you would make a smartplaylist in XBMC itself.
So list retrieval should only take a second

I guess it is more geared towards people with larger collections (500+ movies).

We have all been there, scrolling through movies spending ages picking one to watch. Random script is useful here for general suggestions but what if you want something more specific to what you have already watched?

Say if you have a large collection, watched a really good movie you enjoyed and wonder if you have something similar. Your only option is to spend time scrolling through genres/actors/director. With recommendations you are presented with movies similar to what you watched and saves time navigating through a list of movies.

You have a good point to be honest Confused and maybe it is me just wishing for the world but I see it as the random script evolved, both have their uses.
I guess having more options isn't a bad thing. Btw you should really check out the random movie script. It's great if you dont know what to watch.
(2012-09-19, 15:05)Big_Noid Wrote: I guess having more options isn't a bad thing. Btw you should really check out the random movie script. It's great if you dont know what to watch.

Yea already know about it, already using the other random script in a skin im creating to suggest a "featured movie" Blush

is there a list of all the scripts created?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cat...ll_add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended movies based on previously watched?2