XBMCbuntu Vs. OpenELEC
Is this the problem where the tv needs to be on first, ie before you turn on the openelec box? If not you get a black screen or is it more a general issue?

If it is the former there is a wki entry on openelec for nvidia cards:
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...DID_nvidia

I downloaded the general OE version instead of the Intel based version which I think was my problem with Openelec. Now it seems to be working good except I am having difficulty mounting my unraid folder so I can create a symlink to the Thumbnails. The boot time is definitely slower than the minimal xbmc ubuntu I had set up briefly and at some point I would like to get rid of the cross hair I see when I am shutting the system down. The last part is more of a personal preference than anything that really matters.
I completely removed all crosshairs (X cursor) and all types of cursors in xbmc minimal ubuntu when xbmc starts or shuts-down Its clean screen all the way.

The solution is tagged in my signature.

However how youd do that in Openelec no idea. its probably not possible since the underlying Linux is closed.

uNi

(2012-11-16, 22:40)uNiversal Wrote: I completely removed all crosshairs (X cursor) and all types of cursors in xbmc minimal ubuntu when xbmc starts or shuts-down Its clean screen all the way.

The solution is tagged in my signature.

However how youd do that in Openelec no idea.

uNi

Thanks Uni. I read your guide. I think my long term plan is to go minimal ubuntu install but OE will at least get me introduced to LInux and prepare me for doing more. My minimal install was having issues using the script. I'm not sure if my bad internet is causing problems and not all is being downloaded but it's tough to debug it when I don't know anything about Linux.
OpenELEC +1

I just switched to OpenELEC (Frodo beta build) literally last night. Right out of the box everything was working (except wireless which never worked in XBMCbuntu anyways). I still have to install the sabnzbd suite and configure that, but since I already had a go with it in XMBCbuntu this should not be difficult in OpenELEC.

Also with a 7200 conventional drive it boots in ~20 seconds. Smile
I have a machine I was running the windows 8 RC on. It is now asking for activation, and its just not worth the money. I run XBMC, sabnzbd, sick beard, and couch potato.

I have another system on openelec and just love it.

Before I upgrade my living room system to openelec, I have some questions:

Will my config files for Sab/sick/cp transfer over? Or will I need to start from scratch?

Does openelec play nice with the i3 2100t processor/GPU?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Vs. OpenELEC0