Incorrect path when calling artwork
Hi,
if i have a Folder called Music\Artist\Album\ .mp3 all of the art works fine.

If i add a folder e.g Music\Artist\Album\ .mp3
\Flac\Artist\Album\ .mp3 the cdart does not show

the debugger shows Music\Sabres of Paradise/Versus/cdart.png
It does not have the flac folder in the path, is this me or is it restriced to folder\artist\album.

does that make sense?
nope, not sure i quite understand.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm having trouble understanding your post.
  • When you say "Music\Artist\Album\ .mp3", is " .mp3" a subfolder of "Music\Artist\Album"? Or are you just saying there are ".mp3" files within "Music\Artist\Album"?
  • Is "Music" the literal folder name? I'm assuming "Artist" and "Album" are not literals, but rather the actual artist and album names?
  • So "\Flac\Artist\Album\ .mp3" is nested within (subfolders of) "Music\Artist\Album\ .mp3" or it is a peer directory?
  • So is this the correct path for the album art for this particular album? "Music\Sabres of Paradise/Versus/cdart.png" (I'm assuming your mishmash of both forward and back slashes are just typos?)
  • What should be the path for a particular album in your Flac folder? Please provide full path down to the artwork file location.
  • Where does the path "folder\artist\album" fit into your equation? I thought your structure is "Music\Artist\Album"?
sorry it made sense to me...

When you say "Music\Artist\Album\ .mp3", is " .mp3" a subfolder of "Music\Artist\Album"? Or are you just saying there are ".mp3" files within "Music\Artist\Album"?
yes thats correct mp3, cdart, etc
Is "Music" the literal folder name? I'm assuming "Artist" and "Album" are not literals, but rather the actual artist and album names?
Correct
So "\Flac\Artist\Album\ .mp3" is nested within (subfolders of) "Music\Artist\Album\ .mp3" or it is a peer directory?
nested
So is this the correct path for the album art for this particular album? "Music\Sabres of Paradise/Versus/cdart.png" (I'm assuming your mishmash of both forward and back slashes are just typos?)
that was cut from the debug.log as an example of the error it notice the flac folder is missing from the path
What should be the path for a particular album in your Flac folder? Please provide full path down to the artwork file location.
music\flac\artist\album\cdart.png (the music folder is also the same as the 1 from the top line of this post)
Where does the path "folder\artist\album" fit into your equation? I thought your structure is "Music\Artist\Album"?
i was asking if there was a path depth restriction in ie. music\artist\album but then having music\flac\artist\album is the same music\ folder

hope that makes it clearer
thanx! :-)

indeed, cdart will only work with a ..\MusicFolder\Artist\Album\Songs.mp3 folder structure.

if you have both:
..\MusicFolder\Artist\Album\Songs.mp3
..\MusicFolder\Flac\Artist\Album\Songs.mp3

it will only work for one of the two,
depending on which of those have been set as the music folder path in skin settings.

if you've selected 'MusicFolder', the first one will work
if you've selected 'Flac', the second one will work
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok thanks not just me going mad....

could not work it out....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect path when calling artwork0