[ LINUX ] Video's are repeating.
All my video's are on 'auto-repeat' . After watching anything it automatically starts again. I don't remember this being an option. I can't figure out how to disable it.

When I watch anything, a movie or tv show, if I let it run all the way to the end it restarts.

XBMC 11 Compiled April 24, 2012

system specs are in signature.

Tested with quartz skin and with default confluence, both have same result.

Edit: I just created a smart playlist which contains a few hundred looney tunes episodes. After the first one plays it never plays the second, it just keeps playing the first infinitely.

bring up the OSD while you are playing a video and turn off "repeat"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
there is no 'repeat' option in the OSD in confluence or Quartz.
From within confluence, when you bring up your playlist (now playing in context menu) and then bring up the menu from the left had side of the screen, what is repeat set to? I'm guessing it's set to one.

1. Navigate to your list of videos (e.g., Movies, or Videos > Movies, or Videos > Files and drill down to your list of video files)
  2. Click "c" on keyboard to open context menu
  3. Select "Queue item"
  4. Click "c" again
  5. Select "Now playing"
  6. Click left arrow to open left menu
  7. Change "Repeat" to "Off"
got it, thank you

I managed to get it to stop repeating the same episode over and over by following the instructions above.

Now instead of repeating how can I make it so when episode 1 is finished it auto-plays episode 2 and so on.... until i press stop
Create a playlist perhaps?
(2012-09-19, 03:04)itstonye Wrote: got it, thank you

I managed to get it to stop repeating the same episode over and over by following the instructions above.

Now instead of repeating how can I make it so when episode 1 is finished it auto-plays episode 2 and so on.... until i press stop

Use the 'play from here' option in the context menu.
EDIT: FFS....now my machine makes a liar of me. Nothing to see here. I didnt post anything :/
Ive been trying to fix this for ages, finally this worked, thank you so much!!! we're not all tech savvy, this was worded perfectly to make it a no brainer Big Grin

(2012-09-19, 02:27)artrafael Wrote:
  1. Navigate to your list of videos (e.g., Movies, or Videos > Movies, or Videos > Files and drill down to your list of video files)
  2. Click "c" on keyboard to open context menu
  3. Select "Queue item"
  4. Click "c" again
  5. Select "Now playing"
  6. Click left arrow to open left menu
  7. Change "Repeat" to "Off"
(2012-09-19, 03:04)itstonye Wrote: Now instead of repeating how can I make it so when episode 1 is finished it auto-plays episode 2 and so on.... until i press stop
I know you're on eden but Frodo has a option to 'automatically play next video' or something along those lines. I don't remember seeing this option in previous versions of xbmc.
This explanation is exactly what i was looking for.... Only then i need it for the Apple TV 2 Wink
I'm looking all over the internet how to do this, but i cant seem to get it working. Can anyone please help me?

I have of course the apple remote, and i have the iphone remote app, so an explanation for any of these would be greatly appreciated.
Found the sollutiion!

When you press "C" on the keyboard, with the apple tv you should press and hold the "Menu" button.
Hope this can be of any help to others.
okay. now with Kodi, this has started happening for me.

all I did was try to reset my guisettings.xml file by deleting it.

now
Code:
<playlist>
            <repeat>true</repeat>
            <shuffle>false</shuffle>
        </playlist>

is stuck on "true", and the context menus have changed.
there is now an entry for "Play only this".

how can i change this to "false"Huh

got it. found the repeat entry for my particular skin. had to push right. :-)
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Just came up against this one as well myself almost 4 years later Wink

Interesting one!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ LINUX ] Video's are repeating.0