Win Problems with AE and external players
Has anyone else noticed any problems when trying to use a version of XBMC with AE? I tried the last 2 alpha versions, Eden with AE from DDDamian, and ended up using Eden with Daniela's patch to finally get it to work.

I use TMT5 to play my 3d Isos. With the versions that didn't work the movie would load with VCD then start TMT and act like it was going to start the movie but wouldn't start. If I would keep pressing play in TMT the intro would skip but no sound. I can then minimize TMT and exit out of XBMC and go back to TMT and everything works great.

By the way, with Daniela's patch of Eden everything works as it should. Any ideas?
@fyrfyter71 - any build from 8/29 onwards has code which allows external players such as TMT to acquire control over the audio device when XBMC is using a WASAPI device. This happens automatically when an external player is launched from XBMC.

It works fine here - if it doesn't on your system a Debug Log would be handy.

As an aside, this is only necessary using WASAPI - if you use DirectSound when selecting your audio device in XBMC any build prior to that will work fine with external players as well.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks DDD. Will check this later tonight when I get off work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with AE and external players0