Rotten Tomates score (SOLVED)
Apologies in advance if this has already been covered. I was wondering if anyone knew what skin this is and how they got Rotten Tomatoes score to display:

http://i.imgur.com/MEGCT.jpg

I have been trying in vain to enable Rotten Tomatoes scores and I cannot seem to figure it out. I have tried using the depreciated RT scraper and the new Universal Scraper. I am able to successfully scrape metadata for my library but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the RT score to show. My preferred skin is Transparancy with Fanart, and even I have tried pressing "I" to display info.

I am open to other options if I am not able to get RT scores in that skin. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance
HL
1. If i'm not wrong it's the modded refocus BIG skin.
2. These RT Infos need to be integrated into the skin, else they won't show up.

Post you requests better in ronie's Transparency thread.

Thanks for the quick reply. Will do.
I posted this elsewhere and was advised to ask here:

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered. I was wondering if anyone knew what skin this is and how they got Rotten Tomatoes score to display:

http://i.imgur.com/MEGCT.jpg

I have been trying in vain to enable Rotten Tomatoes scores and I cannot seem to figure it out. I have tried using the depreciated RT scraper and the new Universal Scraper. I am able to successfully scrape metadata for my library but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the RT score to show. My preferred skin is Transparancy with Fanart, and even I have tried pressing "I" to display info.

I am open to other options if I am not able to get RT scores in that skin. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance
HL
can't find much info on this, but it seems you have to modify the scraper in order to fetch the rotten tomato ratings.

as long as there's no native support for this, i see little point in adding skin support for it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I changed the Universal Scraper settings to pull ratings from RT, and rescanned my library. I tried switching to almost every other skin that comes prepackaged with XBMC and the rating still reads in single digits (9.7 etc). Do I need to install some sort of mod to get the RT to display? seems weird that so much effort went into scraping RT for not a single skin to natively support displaying the scores. Thanks for the reply so far.
i'm not familiar with rotten tomato rating,
they seem to have a several different ratings (tomatometer / audience),
both listed as a percentage and as a single decimal average rating.

i assume the universal scraper is using the single decimal average rating.
so my conclusion would be the rotten tomato ratings show up fine in every skin.

what you're after is most likely this modified version of the universal scraper:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136873
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
After comparing the scraped rating eg 8.5 to the RT percentage eg 85% I can confirm you are correct. thanks for the help. love your skin so much!
Ronie, if you're not familiar with Rotten Tomatoes, it is in my opinion the best movie rating system out there. IMDB ratings are so hit and miss because of the huge range of number of voters and the types of voters on that site. There's even a Chrome plugin that will inject the Rotten Tomatoes rating onto any IMDB page (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...bcdcobiphp)

Native Rotten Tomatoes support in Transparency would be amazing.
(2012-10-10, 16:15)elconcho Wrote: Native Rotten Tomatoes support in Transparency would be amazing.

well it does... the universal scraper can scrape rotten tomatoes rating,
and Transparency! will just show them like any other rating (imdb or whatever)

but, if you want the rating in percentages, that's just not possible
since the scraper does not support it, so this info is not available in xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotten Tomates score (SOLVED)0