Apple tv 2 question
I build a xbmc for my living room, but I would like to be able to view it from my bedroom. Can I use an apple tv to be able to access my box in the living room to view movies etc... Also, can I do this over wireless or do I need to use a zylex solution? Apple tv 2 seems to be the cheapest solution. I have a buddy that has one. He will swap me one for an apple 3.
It would be a lot easier to just jailbreak the ATV2 and put xbmc on it. If you want them to sync up, in other words start watching a show in one room and pick it up in another, it's not too hard. Just check out this lifehacker article: http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...eedfetcher
That is what I meant. To jailbreak an ATV2 and put xbmc. Thank you for your help. Will wireless be fast enough? That is my other question.
Depends how far away and how strong the signal is. You could always use homeplugs if it isn't.
Personally I would choose an Android box over an AppleTV2. Even though Android is really early days I do believe it will be a much better platform.
Just looking for whatever way is cheapest. I don't nee anything crazy. 99 bucks is a cheap solution.
Pivos XIOS DS using either linux or XBMC for Android. It's still in development, but is currently unseating the ATV2 as the previous $100 king of XBMC.
I looked into this and watched a youtube video of it. Not sure if I can take it going that slow. What are the other options?
ATV2 can't be bought for $99 anymore, fwiw.
If you already have an ATV then by all means. I am not sure it makes a whole lot of sense to go out and buy a $200 ATV to then jailbreak and run XBMC when for the same (if you can grab some sales) or not much more you can build an HTPC.
It's crazy how much AppleTV2 are going for on Ebay. I bought one on Facebook last week for £65, 3 days later I got £160 for it on Ebay. I can build a much better HTPC for that.
I have seen few htpc builds for under 300. I guess I will search around to build a cheap one. And I know atv2's are going for well over 99. But my buddy has one and I can swap him for a atv3. He won't care.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv 2 question0