[MOD] Simplicity V2 (Eden support)
Here's a modification to Simplicity, so that we can use it with Eden. With igotdvds on prolonged vacation Wink I made some minor changes, so that it suits my visual need.
  • New Info Screen while video is playing
  • Bigger fonts at some places
  • Half-star ratings

STABLE RELEASE IS 2.0.12 (September-25th-2012)
Project Home

Acknowledgement : igotdvds for the creation of Simplicity.

DOWNLOADS

INSTALLATION

1. You "install from zip file" inside XBMC and you choose the downloaded Repo zip file.
  2. Then "Get New Add-ons" -> "Balinus repository" -> "Skin" -> "Simplicity (svn)".

CHANGE LOG

2.0.8 (20-09-2012)
  • New Info Screen while video is playing.
  • Bigger fonts at some places.
  • Half-star ratings.
  • Fixed "Pictures" navigation bug.

2.0.2-2.0.3 (Made by ronie)
  • Support for Artwork Downloader

Screenshots

Gallery

screenshot004 par Borghor, sur Flickr
Some new screenshots...

Full Logo support in some views...
screenshot001 par Borghor, sur Flickr

Also logo suipport while paused...
screenshot002 par Borghor, sur Flickr
I love simplicity skin but when I click videos on home menu it goes to the last tv show or movies. How can I ge it to goto always files.....

Thank
(2012-10-20, 12:13)denist Wrote: I love simplicity skin but when I click videos on home menu it goes to the last tv show or movies. How can I ge it to goto always files.....

Thank

Change this code in Home.xml :

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick>

to :

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,Files)</onclick>

Around line 817. Do the same for line 1029 if you want that the submenu "Files" under Videos icon has the same behaviour.
Any idea for the alternate Home Screen Layout - where can I edit in the Home.xml to make the icons llarger?
Struggling to find this section!!!
--------
XBMC with Simplicity on a XBMCbuntu Box as well as Windows Box
Avid Learner of skinning and XML!
(2012-10-22, 18:02)sharx07 Wrote: Any idea for the alternate Home Screen Layout - where can I edit in the Home.xml to make the icons llarger?
Struggling to find this section!!!

Line 686-696, inside the wraplist id="9000", for item layout. Modify the width and height attributes.

Code:
<control type="image">
                    <posx>55</posx>
                    <posy>75</posy>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <width>90</width>
                    <height>90</height>
                    <colordiffuse>40FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
                    <texture diffuse="icons/icondiffuse.png" fallback="icons/programsicon.png">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>            
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="100" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">Conditional</animation>        
                    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(AlternateHome)</visible>
                </control>

And again line 728-755 for focused layout.

You'll need some tweaking here and there to align correctly the Lights illuminating the focused icon (line 756-781) and the image that goes over the icons (so that the unfocused icons are partly hidden) in lines 1702-1710. Try to give a higher height to this last image (home-bottom.png) and also give a wider width so that the aspect ratio is kept.

Good luck! Share your mods. Smile
Thanks for the quick responses!
Will try this and let you know!
Looking to have all the scrolling items at the bottom, but with the focused icon large in the middle instead of the large header. Gonna try the mods when I'm back home, will update! But this is within a Movie - Genre Selection Page I made.
--------
I can move it around and size it up nicely, problem is that it cuts off the top half of the focussed icon... struggling to find the setting to fix that glitch!
--------
You have a screenshot?

Try to give a higher height to the wraplist id="9000". My guess is that the culprit is there.
Does the update library status bar still display with this skin?
And thanks for updating it this is my fav skin.
Thanks,

It should yes, unless you specify it to be hidden in the Videos settings of XBMC.
Hey Balinus,

I just installed Simplicity v2 and love it, I just have one concern I have tried to disable clear logo images in the skin's settings and they continue to show up in the views I'm using. I would delete the clear logos from the folder I have it saved on, but I'm sharing the folder with 3 other media centers - and I don't want to remove the log from the other two.

Any help would be appreciated,
teh
(2012-11-23, 06:56)tehnatural Wrote: Hey Balinus,

I just installed Simplicity v2 and love it, I just have one concern I have tried to disable clear logo images in the skin's settings and they continue to show up in the views I'm using. I would delete the clear logos from the folder I have it saved on, but I'm sharing the folder with 3 other media centers - and I don't want to remove the log from the other two.

Any help would be appreciated,
teh

Thanks!

Ok, I think I made these clear logos as default in these views in the last update. I'll add a visible condition to reflect the skin settings in th next small release (i.e. similar code fixes). Maybe next week.
(2012-11-24, 17:54)Balinus Wrote: Thanks!

Ok, I think I made these clear logos as default in these views in the last update. I'll add a visible condition to reflect the skin settings in th next small release (i.e. similar code fixes). Maybe next week.

That would be awesome! I look forward to it.

thanks again.

teh
Hey Balinus,

what about a Frodo-Version of your nice Skin?

Thanks,
Peter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Simplicity V2 (Eden support)1