• 10(current)
NextPVR (NPVR) First Impressions
That sounds like the Timeshifting bug. Either turn off timeshifting in the NPVR plugin or use the 11/20 version of the plugin.
(2012-12-05, 04:10)Toricred Wrote: That sounds like the Timeshifting bug. Either turn off timeshifting in the NPVR plugin or use the 11/20 version of the plugin.

@Sub, any idea when you might get around to fixing this? No pressure Smile

P.S. If my question is completely off base for some reason (i.e. it will never be fixed because of something) please enlighten me.
If you install rc2 you should get it.
Yep, as emveepee says the fix is included in recent builds. The fix was made about 2 weeks ago.
...and indeed things are working much better. Nice work to everyone involved.
I don't understand what's going on on my end.
I have:
- windows 8 x64, with a FireDTV DVB-C cablecard along with a HW CAM with official card.
- a post-rc2 nightly build of xbmc (Dec 26th)
- nextPVR plugin v 1.6.2, timeshift support enabled
- nextPVR 2.5.9 with the RC1 patch files on top (they are installed properly)

Tuning in a channel usually works the first time, but I can't pause it, the button is disabled no matter the timeshift setting of the plugin.
Trying to change channel while one is already streaming always end up in the buffering at 1 or 2%, nothing else happening (no sound nor video).
Stopping the stream and then tuning in another channel sometimes work.

With ArgusTV everything works on the client side (timeshifting, pausing, tuning) but the backend is so much more complicated, EPG doesn't seem to work as well, and LCN isn't supported.

Am I using the latest versions of nextPVR? plugins & backend? Did I miss something?
Did you do this patch as well?
Zeflash, is live tv working if you view it directly in NextPVR (ie, no XBMC in the mix)?
(2012-12-27, 16:59)kricker Wrote: Did you do this patch as well?
Ah! I didn't. That might explain some things Smile Indeed it's working much better now. May I ask why this file isn't part of a new release? The concept of an old setup + multiple path files is kinda weird Wink

(2012-12-27, 18:21)sub3 Wrote: Zeflash, is live tv working if you view it directly in NextPVR (ie, no XBMC in the mix)?
Yes it did. Although (as expected with graph based decoding) it was weird to set up.
I've been using DVBViewer forever, and the main reason I want to go to XBMC is to actually get *RID* of the whole graph conumdrum.

I have more issues with nPVR scanning now but I'll post in the nPVR forums given this doesn't have much to do with the xbmc plugin. Thanks for the help!
(2012-12-27, 22:51)Zeflash Wrote:
(2012-12-27, 16:59)kricker Wrote: Did you do this patch as well?
Ah! I didn't. That might explain some things Smile Indeed it's working much better now. May I ask why this file isn't part of a new release?
There hasn't been a release since this patch was made. It will be included with the next release.

Thanks Sub. This patch made time-shifting work for me (had to stop and start the NextPVR service, and then go into the NextPVR Client configuration in XBMC ->Advanced and turn off, save, then turn on Time shifting.

FYI: I've been building media centers for myself and friends and family for years, and I've never been able to get a stable, reliable directv Tuning solution for watching sports in full 1080i working on anything other than Windows Media Center 7 with the Hauppauge Colossus. I found the HD-PVR to be too unstable, and could never get alternative PVR solutions on linux/mac os' to work well with either, or the experience was sub-par compared with Windows Media Center.

I've been closely following the xbmc roadmap for years, ever since I found out PVR support was planned for version 12. That time is finally here, and while it's very rough around the edges and immature, I'm sure it will toughen up with time. Also, for what it's worth, I couldn't get my Colossus card to work period with anything xbmc supported other than NextPVR. In fact, it was the first thing I tried, and it worked immediately (including the external directv ethernet blaster I'm using). I spent a day experimenting with the others - mediaportal, dvblink, and Argus, but couldn't get any of them to work after giving each about 8 hours. Configuration for NPVR was pretty close to easy. Took a bit of hunting and trial and error to figure out how to get guide data from the 3rd party guide provider, but it's all working in a basic sense now, including time shifting (albeit pretty unstable). The PVR client interface for XBMC is obviously early in its development, but I can't wait to say goodbye to Windows MCE once and for all, and call xbmc and nextpvr my permanent tv tuning solution. Keep up the great work!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR (NPVR) First Impressions2