Which Shuttle XS35-variantss are good for XBMC linux?
Hi,

I bought a XS35v3, but I returned it when I realized that I couldn't run XBMC for linux on it. Ayway, I really loved the box, with no fan and so on. So, there are a few diffrent variants avalable:
- XS35
- XS35GT
- XS35 v2
- XS35GT v2
- XS35 v3
- XS35GS v3
- XS35GS v2

For Shuttle's site says "XS35GSV2 compatible with Windows and Linux OS platform" but reading this forum, a lot of people says Radeon HD 7410M graphics is no good for linux.

What model shall I buy
I have had some irritating issues with XS35GT v2

I have set them up for 2 friends and at least at the time (3-4 months ago) openelec was not a option since it had a bug with the network card and it would reset every time you tried to access something on the internet.

With xbmcbuntu it workes fine, but I had to manually add the hdmi audio with .asoundrc and using custom settings in xbmc.

I think i read that the network errors were fixed in openelec not so long ago and with the new audio engine the sound problems might be a thing of the past
(2012-09-20, 22:57)Jonas.andero Wrote: Hi,

I bought a XS35v3, but I returned it when I realized that I couldn't run XBMC for linux on it. Ayway, I really loved the box, with no fan and so on. So, there are a few diffrent variants avalable:
- XS35
- XS35GT
- XS35 v2
- XS35GT v2
- XS35 v3
- XS35GS v3
- XS35GS v2

For Shuttle's site says "XS35GSV2 compatible with Windows and Linux OS platform" but reading this forum, a lot of people says Radeon HD 7410M graphics is no good for linux.

What model shall I buy

Same for me, thanks to Steini for answer.
I think take XS35GTV2 with ion2, there are a post for config with XBMC on fedora :
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How...e_XS35GTv2
You can also try this guide:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133883

If you want to use XBMCbuntu

(2012-09-22, 07:25)@nge Wrote:
(2012-09-20, 22:57)Jonas.andero Wrote: Hi,

- XS35
- XS35GT
- XS35 v2
- XS35GT v2
- XS35 v3
- XS35GS v3
- XS35GS v2

What model shall I buy

Same for me, thanks to Steini for answer.
I think take XS35GTV2 with ion2, there are a post for config with XBMC on fedora :
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How...e_XS35GTv2

Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
The XS35GTA V3 is also called XS35GS V3 outside EU, is the newest and looks like the best. I dont own one yet, but this is one Ive been eyeing for months

Main points, features AMD 7410M which according to thread, does it support 3D full bluray? ?? (you see this on only a few htpc). Also has slot for bluray drive, and FANLESS http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134995
I have been running a Shuttle XS35GTv2 since March 2011 and have had absolutely no issues with it (running Frodo nightlies).
The only real issue I encountered was the gigabit autodetect of the network card not working under ubuntu (which I fixed myself)

By the way, I prefer the ION2 platform over an intergrated ATI card any day. My CPU usage drops from 40% to 10% when starting to play 1080p24 material with 5.1 DTS because of the VDPAU offloading. And the XS35GTv2 is fanless as well.
I bought the Shuttle XS35GS v2. It works perfect but has a BIG problem - when playing video there is some strange jitter in the output. There is like a line in the image where there is the most movement... Crap. After some hours of googling, I realize that the problem is known...

I have tried both windows and Linux with the same results... I just wanted to share my experience.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Shuttle XS35-variantss are good for XBMC linux?0