The best Skin for XBMC on Raspberry Pi?
(2013-10-17, 08:47)soupboy Wrote: @ProsjektX
not sure why your cpu usage is so high? mine idles a lot lower than that. Can't remember off the top of my head what numbers but unlikely to ever hit that high unless I'm updating the library.

Could be caused by scrolling text.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello to all,

I want to use XMBC on Raspi primarily to access and play my collection of mp3 music. During playback, I would like to see the information about the song being played right now (song title. album title, artist (year, length, ...)) (and as 'sugar coating' the next X songs in the playlist) ALL the time, not being hidden after a few seconds of no user interaction.
The only skin and theme, I found doing that is Aeon Nox - Square.
I already noticed myself, that Aeon Nox is a bit sluggish on the raspi. Therefor I would like to know, if any other skin does display the song information all the time or if (even better) this can be configured somewhere.

Regards,
Koolman
Amber runs fine on my pi...
(2013-10-20, 00:11)koolman Wrote: Hello to all,

I want to use XMBC on Raspi primarily to access and play my collection of mp3 music. During playback, I would like to see the information about the song being played right now (song title. album title, artist (year, length, ...)) (and as 'sugar coating' the next X songs in the playlist) ALL the time, not being hidden after a few seconds of no user interaction.

I've created a fork of the Amber skin, with a modified music fullscreen mode. Maybe this is what you are looking for? It is constantly synced with the original Amber skin, so that new features are always available in the forked skin, too.

Difference to the orginal amber skin:
  • Bigger fonts in the fullscreen mode
  • Removed "flipping" animation in fullscreen mode
  • Added "star rating" to fullscreen mode
  • Added a red color theme
  • The shutdown action calls my "Synology PowerOff" addon, to shutdown Synology DiskStations if XBMC is shut down

Maybe you want to give it a try. Right now it is only available on Github:
https://github.com/aclemens/skin.amber

Example Screenshot:
http://imgur.com/i2HsOGt
Hello Every one

I have installed OpenELEC on my Raspberry Pi and it is really great I simply LOVE it I am using Amber skin.

Neverthesless I have some add ons that do some TV sreaming and I put them in the Favourites. So far so good.

I wondered if I can modify the main menu the one with lions on the back ground. Renamimg the VIDEO to something else like TV and make my favourites to be called from the TV newly made menu.

Please help I am new to all this and am a very fast learner.

Thanks every one.

Siamak
(2014-05-20, 13:47)siamak Wrote: I wondered if I can modify the main menu the one with lions on the back ground. Renamimg the VIDEO to something else like TV and make my favourites to be called from the TV newly made menu.

Most modern/well written addons have library integration built in. You need to go to the addon's configuration where it is usually noted where it's library is kept and add this location as a source. This provides the exact function you are trying to achieve.
Thanks ActionA,

What I am trying to do is to be able to customise the main menu, the add-on would be a bonus. I have been looking into all the XML files in the .xbmc of my SD card, have not found any indication of where the main menu's sources are so that I can modify, delete, rename, etc.

The add on source I have found in the favourite.xml file, there are links to the sites where the TV is being streamed.

If I know which .xml file is responsible or called upon when the RasPi boots and brings up the very first menu Ic an then go and have a look and try to see if I can modify it, I would really appreciate a hint.

Many thanks to have replied at all.

Siamak

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The best Skin for XBMC on Raspberry Pi?0