(2013-08-11, 12:17)Jay La Funk Wrote:
(2013-07-17, 17:48)LjStronge Wrote: Ok thanks

I'll play tonight.

Amber
Bello
ACE

are the three I will be trying.

Thanks guys

Can you give the results of the 3 skins you tried and what one you picked...
Cheers

Hi

I went with Amber in the end. Bello & Ace are both good, but Amber was the fastest. I am running the 512 Pi that is still using the SD Card to hold the OS (RaspBMC) and no overclock.

The fastest skin out of them all is Confluance, but I dislike it, so use Amber instead Smile
Hello,

just tried the skin yesterday. Looks nice.

Is there a option to display a 3d-label for 3d-movies?

Kind regards

XBMC4me
cU

xbmc4me
Wow, Amber looks nice.

How can i Install amber?
(2013-09-03, 10:05)Koloss Wrote: Wow, Amber looks nice.

How can i Install amber?

From the addon manager, it's in the official repository now.
Thanks, i test the skin now.
I've recently been using Artic mk. ii.

My Pi is overclocked to 1050arm, 525 core and 500ram and it runs as smooth as amber plus has extra functionality as far as I've found.

Skin can be installed from the WIP skin forum.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170954
Amber or quartz reloaded work great and both look good.
My pi is overclocked to 850/333/400 with no overvolt. Seems to run very stable.
Amber would be the perfect skin for me, but it is missing one very important thing: Rating music while in fullscreen mode.
This is the feature I use the most when using XBMC to listen to my music.
Is there any workaround? I used to rate music by just pressing "UP" on my TV remote.
i am using Amber too .... Stable and smooth in overclocked to 950 arm
Smile 
Amber in rapid especially on 1150/500/600/8 on a Jetflash 700

Im gonna check my 2 pence worth in here, you can run pretty much all the skins on the raspberry pi, but without a decent overclock, its just not gonna happen, i`ve got an awesome immersive skin mod which i`ve modded for pi users, but until i can find out more about this out of memory error im getting, its pointless, I`ve ported over xperience1080 to raspberry pi, works superb, but waiting to see if the mod popcornmix has added to gotham will make it run that bit sweeter on frodo, then i`ll release it. aeon nox is my next port hopefully, but need a few people to test these skins, as i dont have a huge libary of media to see what loading times are like, or if they work on lower overclocks, or on usb 2 sticks
Im still using arctic as it runs perfectly on my 1000/500/550 pi. Have also been toying with xperiance1080 but cant find enough add one to fill up all the extras to make the skin worthwhile. Latest rbej Gotham boots most skins fine now and runs super fast
@soupboy: are you using arctic on rbej Gotham?
I've been using Amber, its been pretty responsive....
(2013-10-13, 10:28)soupboy Wrote: Im still using arctic as it runs perfectly on my 1000/500/550 pi. Have also been toying with xperiance1080 but cant find enough add one to fill up all the extras to make the skin worthwhile. Latest rbej Gotham boots most skins fine now and runs super fast
This is my favourite skin, and tried them all, but eating CPU cycles unfortunately, idling at ~90% on an overclocked RPI...
(2013-10-15, 13:05)osos Wrote: @soupboy: are you using arctic on rbej Gotham?

Yeah I'm using rbej Gothams latest build, previous builds meant that I had to swap out guisettings on for each reboot but the latest build fixes this problem.

@ProsjektX
not sure why your cpu usage is so high? mine idles a lot lower than that. Can't remember off the top of my head what numbers but unlikely to ever hit that high unless I'm updating the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The best Skin for XBMC on Raspberry Pi?0