MythTV not connecting
Hi all

Apologies for jumping in as a new member with what might be a silly question, but I'm a bit stuck and I need a bit of help!

I've recently ditched windows media centre in favour of a Mythbuntu + XBMC setup, and I'm can't for the life of me get XBMC to connect to my Mythtv back-end. Whenever I try to add it as a source, it comes back with the following message:

"UNABLE TO CONNECT
Could not retrieve directory information.
This could be due to the network not being connected.
Would you like to add it anyway?
YES NO"
I've followed the instructions on the wiki to the letter, have confirmed that my username and password is correct for access to the myth database, and have made sure that the IP address is correct. I've set the permissions as per the instructions, but nothing seems to work. No matter what I do, it always comes back with that same error. Otherwise, both Mythtv and XBMC are behaving flawlessly. They just won't talk to each other.

I should add at this point that I am a complete novice at Linux. My experience with it started with installing mythbuntu less than a week ago, so please forgive me if any of your replies are met with the virtual equivalent of a gormless stare.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Stu
If your using mythtv 0.25 you'll need to use a recent pre-frodo build of xbmc or install mythtv 0.24.
I'm using XBMC 11.0 and MythTV 0.25. Does "Pre-Frodo" mean one of the nightly builds?
Yeah, if your running xbmc on windows or osx you can use a nightly build from here -> http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV not connecting0