CD-Text support in XBMC
yeah cd-text would be nice to have i make a lot of mix cds and so they're obviously not on the cddb, but i think this is might be hard to implment i'm not a programmer so i have no idea what needs to be done. it's just that a lot of cd players don't have cd-text so it must be tricky.
i think it depends on the hardware if the cd/dvd drive can read cd-text (the info is not stored within the standart data track). i don't know if xbox dvd drives support cd-text.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
wiso and i have tested it, its not supported. Sad

code for it is in libcdrip.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it would be great if xbmc could read the cd-text off audio cds. also, once i put in an audio cd, after a successful cddb lookup, it wants to re-query everytime i change tracks. it would be nice if it did not do that. none the less, great work. thanks.
i think cd-text was investigated and turned out that the xbox hardware did not support it, i don't know if this limitation was tied to a specific dvd-rom drive or the xbox ata/ide controller (who knows, maybe it could possible work with the newer samsung drives but not the older thomson and philips?), maybe a developer can shed some more light on that issue?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
wiso and me investigated this some time ago. it seemed that the xbox drives do not support cd-text. the code is still available in libcdrip, but not integrated into xbmc. so if any other developer wants to test it again...?

greets

bobbin007

Sad 
Quote:dougthug says: it would be great if xbmc could read the cd-text off audio cds. also, once i put in an audio cd, after a successful cddb lookup, it wants to re-query everytime i change tracks. it would be nice if it did not do that. none the less, great work. thanks.
i've the same trouble, please can you put a short cut cddb button (on/off) in music menu ?
thanks
nb: i've already said in some topics, this event happens only with home brew cd audios. cddb works fine with original cdda of the trade.
<span style=\'color:3300cc\'>xbox v1.3 pal - dvd samsung - unleachx - rgb display on 16/9 flat screen - remote control</span>
looking at the xbmc sources, i can see that (a variant of ? ) libcdio is used for cd related things
i recently noticed that libcdio has been updated and released at version 0.70 and that this version supports cd-text  Smile
( it seems that version 0.62 is in the current xbmc build )
reading elsewhere, i gather that not all cd drives can support cd-text, regardless of software,
but maybe it is worth looking into again?
(gamester17 @ jan. 15 2004,12:22 Wrote:i think cd-text was investigated and turned out that the xbox hardware did not support it, i don't know if this limitation was tied to a specific dvd-rom drive or the xbox ata/ide controller (who knows, maybe it could possible work with the newer samsung drives but not the older thomson and philips?), maybe a developer can shed some more light on that issue?
ok, i have good news!  Cool

i now have cd-text working on my v1.4 xbox which has a samsung dvd drive  :thumbsup:

i have also tried connecting up a couple of other dvd drives, and they work as well
i have done this by taking the 0.70 libcdio release, and making the necessary changes both there, and within xbmc

when i get the time, i will submit my changes on sourceforge for general consumption/evaluation etc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CD-Text support in XBMC0