Animated GIFs in My Pictures?
well, i have had some gifs that were animated on my xbox and they did not show up correctly. this also goes back to the days of xbmp.
is your problem in a new skin you're making or in image browsing?

from what i know about xbmc the animated gif functoinality is for skinning, ie buttons and backgrounds.

don't know if it's possible in image browsing.

/floink
i uploaded some animated gif's on my xbox and they dont play through the animation....they just stay at the first frame.

is there any way to fix this?
Take the following .gif file as an example, it can play in PC, but in XBMC, it just shows the first frame.

Is this a bug or just a feature not yet supported by XBMC?

http://download.yousendit.com/F088F6171712C862

(the download link only available for 7 days)
Can you elaborate on what do you mean by "play"? If you were unaware, image files must be viewed through the Pictures section.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have also encountered this (long ago).

I tried as a test to view/play an animated gif (Don't really need this feature myself) and could only launch it through pictures, as you'd expect, but it would only display the first frame.

As i remember they can possibly be used in skins, but not viewed from your collection (Animated at least)

Feel free to correct me though.

Shorty
Here is a debug log starting that .gif file, just incase it really is a bug and not as I suspect a missing feature.

http://pastebin.com/m4eea0a51
Not a bug, correct. The slideshow just plays the first frame. A patch would be welcome.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ah. i figured it was an animated gif. thats interesting because i thought they work as part of the skin.
i'd love to be able to see gif files work properly on xbmc, hopefully someone cleverer than me can make it a reality some day
Is there any solution to playing animated gif playlists in My Pictures? I hope I am just missing something.
no idea, but gif not supported in XBMC?
The devs have crammed in a LOT of new functionality between Eden and Frodo but we still don't have animated GIF support, seems odd, animated GIFs being such an old standard now. There goes my idea of using the Reddit Snake GIF as a screensaver I guess...
Just bumping this thread, because now ffmpeg can read and demux animated gif.

Quote:https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master.../Changelog

version 1.1 :

- animated GIF decoder and demuxer

Still when you read them now in Frodo you can see only the first image.

Do you think it's possible to add the animated .GIF format to the Image type, or in case consider each .GIF as a video type that we can play in loop.

Thanks in advance.
(2013-06-10, 00:32)amibz Wrote: Still when you read them now in Frodo you can see only the first image.

That is because the change you are pointing at was added in the Gotham alpha 3 and not in Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated GIFs in My Pictures?1