Zotac ZBOX ZBOX-AD04-U setup and suggestions
I decided to build my HTPC using a Zotac ZBOX ZBOX-AD04-U for 200$ with a Seagate Momentus XL 750gb 2.5 inch internal drive and 2xKingston 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 for 8gb of Ram ( Are those good choices for this device). Also I haven't figured out whether or not to install Openelec or XBMCUnbuntu as the OS. I am a newbie at setting these up so how do I update the drivers from Zotac's website for this device and how/what things should i look for in the Bios to make sure this system works properly. Any other suggestions for setting this up properly would be appreciated. Mainly I want to use this device as an Media center for my 500gb-1tb video library currently located on 2 usb external hd.
Really, no one has any suggestions?
You should be able to google around to answer your questions. You can choose whether you want OpenELEC or XBMCUbuntu. Go for OpenELEC if you want someone to tell you what to do. Plug in the external if you want to do it that way and add the media in XBMC. Good luck.
Right how do i install the drivers without an external DVD drive.
www.google.com :-)
it supports win 7 (get drivers from zotacusa.com) and openELEC.
Thank you I already installed XBMCUnbuntu as the OS and that is running smoothly but there are two issues. The first one is that I cant seem to get into the BIOS no matter what I do. Ive tried pressing delete at the Zotac screen and F11 and nothing seems to work. The second issue is with the drivers I downloaded them extracted them and put them on a usb flash then loaded them in the xbmcunbuntu desktop and I cant load the .exe files
.exe is windows only. If drivers are missing from the auto update in xbmcbuntu you might have to find some "duct tape" solutions... Drivers for the e450 are currently openELEC and windows 7 exclusive.
So in other words i have no choice but to use the driver installation dvd that came with the device? The tech center at my school probably has some external dvd drives.
Why do you think you need special Zotac drivers on Linux? This is not the case. OpenElec has all included or you follow this how-to:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996
I didnt install openelec i installed xbmcunbuntu. How do i get into the bios on the AD-04 ive tried delete on the zotac screen and it still boots right to the OS.
XBMCbuntu is NOT supported so you will have to get the openELEC drivers if possible - if you want to save yourself a lot of time go for openELEC instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ZBOX ZBOX-AD04-U setup and suggestions0