XBMC video settings & CCC settings
Is there some guide on XBMC video settings?
I want to calibrate it for best quality but don't know what each option does.

In addition some recommended settings for AMD Catalyst would be highly appreciated.

I have AMD A6 which has Radeon 6530d AGU with latest Catalyst.
The HTPC is connected via HDMI to Panasonic PV8 42" TV.

10x
I've seen some problems with using CCC settings and DXVA, so have always made sure CCC is set to "Use player settings" (i.e. not the AMD ones set in the CCC). As a result, I've never bothered with tweaking CCC, but others might have different experiences.
1. Update the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect
2. Disable everything in CCC Video/Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" as shown in my screen shot below
3. Enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render method and disable everything else in XBMC system/video/playback
4. Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output (note- if you use multiple apps, you need to enable it)

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks, just followed your guidance.

What about video->color?
My basic color is configured to "use playback settings"

but I gave some options enabled in the advanced color section, should I disable them all?
(2012-09-22, 22:10)embedded Wrote: Thanks, just followed your guidance.

What about video->color?
Select "Use Video Player Settings"....

(2012-09-22, 22:10)embedded Wrote: but I gave some options enabled in the advanced color section, should I disable them all?
You can try to adjust it to your liking......if you don't like what you see, you can simly disable it.....

(2012-09-22, 23:37)bluray Wrote:

What about video->color?

(2012-09-22, 22:10)embedded Wrote: but I gave some options enabled in the advanced color section, should I disable them all?
You can try to adjust it to your liking......if you don't like what you see, you can simly disable it.....

What settings are you using under video->color->advanced?
(2012-09-23, 09:32)embedded Wrote:
(2012-09-22, 23:37)bluray Wrote:

What about video->color?

What settings are you using under video->color->advanced?
I like it with Color Vibrant at 40% and Flesh Tone Correctin at 50%.....what I like on my screen might not be what you like.....I suggest to play around with the settings to find the sweet spot for yourself.....

Hey,

I've just bought a RL70 and I'm having a right headache with the drivers,
It seems the ATI website has about 7 different versions but no indication as to which is the correct one,

So far I have found the following,
Mobility E450 catalyst package,
6xxx series catalyst drivers
HD6000 series drivers,

I have no idea which are the correct ones,
I can't find the chipset drivers for the Hudson D1 either Sad

We're you able to get your drivers sorted,
Does anyone else own a RL70 and use windows,
What drivers from the ATI/AMD site are needed.

Hope you can help
(2012-09-24, 16:44)DerekCuster Wrote: We're you able to get your drivers sorted,

Hope you can help
Have you tried AMD's autodetect tool?
(2012-09-24, 17:54)StartCodon Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 16:44)DerekCuster Wrote: We're you able to get your drivers sorted,

Hope you can help
+1......

(2012-09-24, 17:54)StartCodon Wrote:

Hope you can help

Hey guys,

Yea sorry should have said i tired that Sad
I even mailed ati about it as it says device not recognised?

Basically I'm using the default windows display driver currently (clean install) and it just says display adapter and has no other information... I can't remember exactly what it say (at work) but its either unrecognised device, or unknown device or just display adapter.

Windows update shows nothing, and the amd tool doesn't find it either, I think the amd device is a driver I'd, so it basically searches for your current display driver and then checks for an update. My issue is I don't know what driver to install and that tool or windows update etc doesn't know either.

I suppose I could install the drivers from the acer website from 2011 but that's a sad and drastic thing to have to do to find out what driver to get?

Doing it that way, I'd then have to uninstall this old driver and run the amd tool to tell me what driver to get, then get that driver and install .. That's a faf on and messy Sad

When I upgrade my gaming machine I just grab the exact driver for my card and bam!
My nvidia rig is simple as grab latest force ware and bam!

This seems like a lot of hoop jumping for what is effectively the simplest of things for amd to solve.

Have a drive on the website for the 6320 e450 apu
It's not lime they make many flavours of it, it's the only 1 of its kind...

So seriously no one actually know what windows drivers the RL70 runs on, that's absolutely astonishing :-0
Quote:So seriously no one actually know what windows drivers the RL70 runs on, that's absolutely astonishing :-0

Yes, it is astonishing that you, the owner of the RL70, don't know what windows drivers it needs or where to find them. The drivers for the RL70 can be found on Acer's support page - http://support.acer.com/product/default....delId=4012

Or direct download link for the VGA driver - http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_7

(2012-09-24, 20:36)drpizznock Wrote:
Quote:So seriously no one actually know what windows drivers the RL70 runs on, that's absolutely astonishing :-0

Yes, it is astonishing that you, the owner of the RL70, don't know what windows drivers it needs or where to find them. The drivers for the RL70 can be found on Acer's support page - http://support.acer.com/product/default....delId=4012

Or direct download link for the VGA driver - http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_7

Well there's no need to be cheeky Big Grin

I know of these drivers and mention them directly in my post (have a read)
They are the OLD drivers that I specifically don't want, i just explained that I COULD install them but they are old and buggy...

I was specifically asking for the latest 12.8 AMD Cats for the RL70 not those 2011 drivers, but I do appreciate the effort.
Big Grin
Use the Acer hardware detection utility to find out what everything is, hopefully it will list your graphics card. Otherwise, a quick google shows HD6000 series, so just download the drivers for that from the AMD site.
(2012-09-24, 20:46)DerekCuster Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 20:36)drpizznock Wrote:

Well there's no need to be cheeky Big Grin

I know of these drivers and me ton them directly in my post,
They are the OLD drivers that I specifically don't want and just explained that I COULD install but are old and buggy...

I was specifically asking for latest 12.8 AMD Cats for the RL70 not those 2011 drivers, but I do appreciate the effort.

Big Grin

Smile

With systems like Acer RL70 or the Lenovo Q180 it is the manufacturer that maintains the drivers set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC video settings & CCC settings0