[Windows 8] XBMC RT Remote - Local Playback and PlayTo
Doesn't work on my surface unfortunately Sad I bought the app today from the windows store and the splash screen is as far as I can get. The first time I launched it I was able to add the information for my xbmc setup and hit save, then it crashed. Now every time I try to open it it sticks on the splash screen for about 30 seconds then crashes and pushes me back to the windows start screen. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but that changed nothing. I'm not sure if uninstalling it deleted all the profile information for me to try to start over from scratch
(2012-10-26, 20:43)lazyboy0172 Wrote: Doesn't work on my surface unfortunately Sad I bought the app today from the windows store and the splash screen is as far as I can get. The first time I launched it I was able to add the information for my xbmc setup and hit save, then it crashed. Now every time I try to open it it sticks on the splash screen for about 30 seconds then crashes and pushes me back to the windows start screen. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but that changed nothing. I'm not sure if uninstalling it deleted all the profile information for me to try to start over from scratch

That's not good. Sad

To delete the data, go to C:\Users\[Your Account]\AppData\Local\Packages\436337Illusions.com.XBMCRT_77hd5e1v1hqs4\RoamingState\ and delete the file Connections.dat
That will reset the app and give you a restart.

What version of xbmc are you running, eden or frodo?
Do you have complex password or just regular letters and numbers?
thanks, I deleted the file and started over, I was able to enter my settings again but the same thing happened after, that is crash followed up not being able to get past the splash screen. I am on xbmcbuntu, xbmc 12.0 alpha5 compiled aug 30, 2012. And my user/pass are both incredibly basic. I was able to connect with another xbmc remote app on the windows store and I have the official xbmc remote for my galaxy nexus so it doesn't appear to be a connection issue. I saw an update earlier allowed for larger libraries. Is it possible that my library is just too large and when it tries to load it initially it crashes the app?
(2012-10-27, 00:13)lazyboy0172 Wrote: thanks, I deleted the file and started over, I was able to enter my settings again but the same thing happened after, that is crash followed up not being able to get past the splash screen. I am on xbmcbuntu, xbmc 12.0 alpha5 compiled aug 30, 2012. And my user/pass are both incredibly basic. I was able to connect with another xbmc remote app on the windows store and I have the official xbmc remote for my galaxy nexus so it doesn't appear to be a connection issue. I saw an update earlier allowed for larger libraries. Is it possible that my library is just too large and when it tries to load it initially it crashes the app?
you might be on to something. I'll look into that but the call to get library items should be loaded totally async.
I'll let you know what I find.

Would you mind having a look in the eventlog for the exception thrown by the app?
happy to. Where do I find the log?
Hmm.. Don't know in RT. In Win8 Pro its found in EventViewer. Maybe it's the same in RT.
yeah it's in RT, I wasn't really sure what to look for, this was the best I found in the meantime but doesn't say much, only that it didnt launch within allotted time. Is there more detailed information elsewhere in the event viewer, and do you have any idea as to how I may find it more quickly?
http://i.imgur.com/ieOlt.png
So do Metro apps that have been written for Windows 8 (x86) work on the Surface with RT (ARM)?

(2012-10-28, 04:38)Oakey Wrote: So do Metro apps that have been written for Windows 8 (x86) work on the Surface with RT (ARM)?

No. The developer would have to recompile them to target the ARM arch. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle as long as the developer hasn't used any API calls that aren't present in the WinRT framework.

Just purchased the app. is it possible to remove album collection, artist and music video and have a video folder ?
I have some folders that are not on the library but still want to access the video > file folder for stuff that I delete once watched.
(2012-11-03, 12:26)jeromem75 Wrote: Just purchased the app. is it possible to remove album collection, artist and music video and have a video folder ?
I have some folders that are not on the library but still want to access the video > file folder for stuff that I delete once watched.

All these options are under development.
There will be a configurable MainScreen with possibility to configure the app for Music or Video or both.
A file browser will also be added.
My guess is that it will take 2 weeks before it's available in Store (already got another update pending certification at Microsoft)

Thank you.
WOW - Beautiful UI... Just purchased it...This should definitely be the default UI, if the XBMC Team was to ever consider adding video playback functionality - Or maybe you could team up with VLCPlayer or MPC-HC Smile
Is this available for the RT versions of Surface or is it only x86?

I'm tempted by Surface but if the apps I see in the Win8 x86 store aren't available on RT I'm a little apprehensive.
Yes, it's available on WinRT. I've been testing it on Surface quite a bit in it runs without issues so far. Smile

A new version was released today. Unfortunatly the file Explorer functionality did not make it in this release due to lack of time. (Functionality is done but UI looks like crap)

Changes in new release:
Bugfix for movies
Support for Posters in TvShows (Settings -> General)
Support for FanArt on lockscreen (Settings -> General)
Fix for Remote Shutdown choice.
Extended WOL functionality, configure Time before trying to connect to XBMC after WOL.
Configure Connections for Audio and Video

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows 8] XBMC RT Remote - Local Playback and PlayTo1