MySQL issues
Hello,
I've been trying to get my xbmc to work with a mysql database for a few days now. I've been over a bunch of threads, and still can't seem to figure it out. I've tried it a few different ways. I have a buffalo nas drive that has a MySQL server. I made sure that I was able connect to the mysql server using the username and password from the network. I thought it may have something to do with the nas drive, so I installed mysql on a windows 7 machine. Again, I made sure that the user had full priviliges. Looking at the log, it does look like it's loading the advancedsettings.xml file fine, here is what it shows:
17:24:24 T:3480 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>172.16.5.2</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>172.16.5.2</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
However, looking further down in the log, I can see it's trying to read different database files and can't find them or can't create them?
17:24:29 T:3480 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video60 [1049](Unknown database 'xbmc_video60')
17:24:29 T:3480 ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video59 [1049](Unknown database 'xbmc_video59')

It does this from 60 all the way down to 1 and repeats.

17:24:30 T:3480 NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 0 to 60
17:24:30 T:3480 ERROR: SQL: The source database was unexpectedly empty.
It does the same with the music, from 18 to 1

I decided that the error was maybe something I did in the installation, so I uninstalled XBMC completely, made sure that there was no files left. Reinstalled everything, and I get the same error. What could possibly be wrong? I've tried it also with the root username and password, same results. Any advice as to what else I could try?
Take out the <name> tags and let XBMC manage the name. See if that works.
ok, that worked. I wonder why it wasn't working before.
It created two new databases, one called mymusic18 and myvideos60

That's all good, however how will I get a second xbmc machine to use the same databases if I can't use the name tags?
(2012-09-23, 06:52)greggk Wrote: ok, that worked. I wonder why it wasn't working before.
It created two new databases, one called mymusic18 and myvideos60

That's all good, however how will I get a second xbmc machine to use the same databases if I can't use the name tags?

All you need to do is make sure you install the same version/release of XBMC on all your machines.
mymusic18 and myvideos60 will always be the default names for XBMC v11.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL issues0