XBMC Crashes when coming out of idle
I am running XBMC on Apple-TV 2. used firecore to jail break. I am also running Eden v11

XBMC seems to run video just fine, but when the system idles and I go to play a video the apple TV restarts to the main menu.

Below are the logs

(removed the logs)

only thread in the log was seeing the crash after this notice
NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

from what I can see so far, is the network connection seems to go idle then causes the system to restart when trying to access a network resource
Can you also upload the crash reporter log too? iOS_FAQ#logs (wiki)
I am going to reproduce the error and find the logs you mentioned then post them

before posting int his thread I tried finding similiar problems before posting, I just came across this thread that is the exact same problem I am having.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121950

going to try and unistall atv-flash's media player. Not sure how to do that yet but I will Google around. I will update soon the progress
Yes the link to the forum i posted the link to was the same problem and this did fix the problem.

Not only did I have to uninstall ATV Media player but had to go back into nitoTV and find the dependencies for libsmbclient.dylib and have it removed also. I think it was listed under nitoTV as com.firecore.libsmbclient.dylib..........something to that affect. Once I removed it and ran APT autoremove on media player. My problem went away.

Appreciate all the fine work you XBMC guys are doing.
for some people that are a tad bit lost on how to remove media player, see below

install nitoTV if you haven't already done so.

go to manage in nitoTV and find media player, Once you select it you should have 3 options, Install, remove, more.
click on more and select APT autoremove. (selecting APT Autoremove should remove the dependencies that are causing the crash such as "libsmbclient.dylib"

After this is done see if your problem went away. (this should be the fix)

if the problem still exist and you used firecore to mod go back to nitoTV and click on manage again.
See if you can find something in the list to this effect
com.firecore.libsmbclient.dylib............ something to that effect or find a package that starts with libsmbclient.dylib.
if you can find it select to have it removed.

This should fix the problem.

I hope this helps, good luck
(2012-09-27, 07:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Can you also upload the crash reporter log too? iOS_FAQ#logs (wiki)

I was looking at the link you posted for crash reporter, which one do i post, there are a lot that end in .plist
Which ever is the most recent, but I wouldn't worry about posting a crash log since it's just the firecore SAMBA issue, which we know about.
I didn't plan on posting, I just wanted to know for future posting. There our different types of the file and they all say last modified in 1969 lol
look at the "*latest.plist" files ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Crashes when coming out of idle1