[RELEASE] xbmcscripts.com script installer
Thumbs Up 

i have just released the script installer linked up to xbmcscripts.com. i know it should've been released a long time ago, but i haven't got to work as much on it as i had wished to do. please report any bugs you come across to me ([email protected]).

developer info (for people who want to help out) along with a new thread in dev forum will follow tomorrow...
xbmcscripts.com administrator
thank you, i'll try it.

the problem is that this script doesn't edit the script dialogsubmenu... or not?
Great Success!
it doesn't...that's a bit more complicated than it would seem i think. nothing i would prioritize now, not that i will work much more on it anyways.
nice job!!!!!!!

seems to work fine. noticed the non-update issue when scrolling but as long as your aware of it, its not a problem.

agreed, the update of the menu would be nice, but a useful tool none the less.

thank you :kickass:

snappz
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
enderw,

very nice. this is going to make it very easy to keep up to date.

i would like to help with this. mostly just some cosmetic things, (i.e. get rid of the confirmation dialog, so your progress bar finishes, maybe just put the confirmation in the little slide out you have.)

i think i could add an option to add the script to the dialogsubmenu.xml without too much difficulty. i'll test and see.

i think skinners should add a button to the scripts window for this script. Nod

i know you thought alot about the directory structure of scripts, but what if there could be a way to install the main script in the root directory and any special folder inside the zip, under an extras folder so the main screen you could easily navigate and it would be uncluttered?

scripts/
extras/
script1/
background.png
config.xml
script2/
config.py
config.xml
script1.py
script1.tbn
script2.py
script2.tbn
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
(nuka1195 @ aug. 09 2005,06:35 Wrote:i think i could add an option to add the script to the dialogsubmenu.xml without too much difficulty. i'll test and see.
you're the man!!!!!1111 Cool
Great Success!
nuka:

-i would like to help with this. mostly just some cosmetic things, (i.e. get rid of the confirmation dialog, so your progress bar finishes, maybe just put the confirmation in the little slide out you have.)

just edit the installer.py file. it's called core.settings.showfolder . set it to 0 to get no dialog.

- i think i could add an option to add the script to the dialogsubmenu.xml without too much difficulty. i'll test and see.

nice, go ahead Smile

-i know you thought alot about the directory structure of scripts, but what if there could be a way to install the main script in the root directory and any special folder inside the zip, under an extras folder so the main screen you could easily navigate and it would be uncluttered?

if you want to update the 80 scripts on the site, be my guest
:p
just tried, it's great for the updates!
the only problem is that, for example, when i installed the new version of xbmcchangelog, it installed it in the folder "changelog" instead to update the previous version in the folder "xbmcchangelog".
:thumbsup:
Great Success!
bug report:

coudn't install shutdownpconlan script; error while inzipping.
Great Success!
nuka1195:

about your layout suggestion, please check out this thread to get a better idea on why it should be handled the way it is now. you're free to disagree of course, but i doubt it'll change.

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=14838

also, i'd be very happy if you want to help out on this script. i have a hope there's potential in it...
i think that this script in the only that must be included in the cvs releases.
Great Success!
Quote:i think i could add an option to add the script to the dialogsubmenu.xml without too much difficulty. i'll test and see.

any progress?? seems dead
or mayby separate script with mapping to the white button in submenu window

i completely forgot about this, i was experimenting with another idea. i'll look into it this weekend.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
skript instaler in pm iii - i love this skin

is it possible add musicoverlay window to the script?

smuto
how did you get that skinned like that? i have the latest cvs of xbmc and whatever the default skin is for xbmc (but it looks like the image you just posted) and when i goto xbmcscripts im shown something completely different?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] xbmcscripts.com script installer0