Picture Library
GeoSetter - Thanks for the link Xycl! I'll load this up when I'm done with the VFS nodes and db query engine

Slideshow interval, deleting pics from within slideshows - Memphiz just fixed a couple slideshow problems, joebrady. I'll see if I can bully him into fixing one or two more Wink

Printing pictures - HAHAHAHAHA never gonna happen

XBMC.SlideShow() - I'll make sure the play does the right thing

Context menu cleanup - sphere is nuking the items that don't make sense. I'll make sure to add in additional ones to support the library.

BigPictures script - Exposing tag info to infolabels is on my todo list
(2012-09-29, 14:53)sphere Wrote: ...

It would also be nice to have (visible) infolabels like title and some kind of plot on photos - this way I finally could transform my BigPictures script to a plugin (Take a look if you don't know what I talk about).

regards,
sphere

As I understand, most meta-data/infolabels are nowadays exposed to the skin. See: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/827

Or isn't this what you mean? Otherwise, succes in transforming your wonderfull script into a plugin!

(2012-09-24, 01:27)garbear Wrote: For those interested, the database backend is a new abstraction I wrote (I call it a denormalized database with dynamic normalization). Once I put it in place, I decided to upgrade the layout by adding tags, keywords and categories; the code to add the many-to-many tables and link tables, upgrade old schema to the new version, and while upgrading pre-populate the six new tables with data that was already in the database, and then modify the GUI to be able to browse by these new fields, was just over 20 lines of code. IOW, adapting to other libraries (looking at you, games!) should be a relatively painless task.

No specific suggestions at this point, but three quick thoughts.
  1. Hot-diggity, I would love to see a native Pictures library.
  2. Hot-diggity, I would love to see a native Games library.
  3. I would absolutely kill for someone to adapt your new backend to a library for downloaded podcasts. Now there I could offer a laundry list of suggestions.
Thinking outside the box that this database backend abstraction code could be extended to so much more than just pictures and games libraries.

Like do you guys think that it could be a good idea to use this as a code base for a "unified music addon frontend" suggested in this other thread?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105147

Acting as a database backend abstraction framework to hook in online sources such as Spotify into the music library in the same spirit as the original concept?

That is, getting to the get same seamless user experience mixing local and online sources in the library as akezeke's spotyxbmc2 does today but with a GPL compatible addon.
Any progress on this? I think the sort on date bug is resolved, the exposed exif info is in shape. Also the video in slideshow bug is close to being terminated.
I saw the sort-on-date fix. I'm working on a game database with the same database abstraction, so these two xbmc libraries should be complementary to each other.
Hi garbear,

Is it possible to integrate some form of facial recognition to tag people/faces in your picture library say like Picasa? I think there is an opensource facial recognition project called libface written in c++.
This is something I'd love to see. I won't be integrating libface in XBMC because there's a better option. Having the ability to scrape photos from photo services, such as Picasa and Facebook, would greatly ease the tagging process - I imagine tagging on a 10-foot interface is much more awkward, and their UIs are extremely suited to the discovery and cross-referencing of people in photos. Additionally, including libface as a dependency adds complexity and additional code we have to maintain.

Tagging will happen in XBMC, our UI just won't be the one doing the tagging.
Thanks for the reply garbear. Would it be possible for the picture library to read the picasa.ini files (located in the same directory as the pictures) that Picasa stores face/people information in?
No, that will be abstracted by a python add-on. But in that regard it's still possible, and likely to happen
Thanks for the info mate
(2013-03-06, 00:11)aTTilaz Wrote: Thanks for the reply garbear. Would it be possible for the picture library to read the picasa.ini files (located in the same directory as the pictures) that Picasa stores face/people information in?

I think the latest picasa (since 3.9 may be) now stores face/people tags inside the jpeg file. I read about it sometime back. I could dig a bit if technical details are required.
Definitely post what you find. Picture tags are generally extensible, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them had a de-facto standard way of tagging people.
Actually rubpa, I read that somewhere too. Although I scanned my pictures directory with the latest Picasa then checked the jpg tag data of some of the images and cant find any with changes by Picasa. I however do have ini files created in each directory related to face/person data. Perhaps I have some incorrect settings? Garbear, I will have a bit more of a play and see what I find.
(2013-03-11, 00:23)aTTilaz Wrote: ... Perhaps I have some incorrect settings? Garbear, I will have a bit more of a play and see what I find.

aTTilaz, apparently it's a setting to be enabled in Picasa 3.9. Tools -> Options -> Name Tags -> Store Name Tags in Photo. After this, only newly done tagging will be stored. It does not modify already tagged files. To move all existing tags from picasa.ini to jpeg files, I found lot of options but this seems to summarize it well: https://sites.google.com/site/picasastar...nto-photos . I've not tried it though.

Now that face tagging by picasa is an option, it means that xbmc shall be able to read both style tags - picasa.ini as well as tags inside jpegs. In general, I think it is a good option to have an extensible add-on based tag reading framework in xbmc. I can imagine a simple parser to set the "Date Taken" for videos from my handycam as read from the file name. All the video files have the name yyyymmdd_hhmmss if I import them using the camera software.

A good read about face/name tags is the "People Tags" section here: http://gcoupe.wordpress.com/2011/12/10/p...o-gallery/ . This is the one I referred in my previous post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Library2