Picture Library
Great, thanks for the blog link. That demystifies a lot of the tagging fields I have been looking at all along.
Hi All,

I am newbie here at xbmc. I was really excited to build this new media center pc. Yesterday spent almost 5-6 hrs to get this up and running and glad i did it. But pictures are not as cool as music and movies. Then I stumbled upon this thread. Any update when we can get this cool picture library?

Mav.
Hello

Any News om this here?

Did install the "almost Latest"-Nightly, But couldnt finde something about this DB in it.
As i see, XBMC Provides now a lot of new "Listitems" for Pictures, but i didnt see something about a DB?

(Will this Feature made it in to Gothem? is there still development going on?)
This is not in the nightlies and will not make it into Gotham. It's still work in progress but probably pretty outdated in its current state.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Where can i find the source?
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
I would guess its in one of his 'photolibrary' branches :-P
https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/tree/photolibrary
ya, on my github. we need a proper ORM library before it's merged
Can you build a library with a Google+/Picasa URL as a source?
There is a addon for Picasa which should allow you to browse and watch all your pics in your Picasa account.
yes I have the addon, and I have to open the app everytime to view/browse thru the photos. I was just wondering if there was a way that it can create a library, like how you can do with tv shows and movies without actually downloading to HD... or maybe have library sources button menu, and where I can choose the source and maybe perhaps enter a webalbum url?
@garbear are you still interested in building the picture database backend? I think pics need to have the same support movies & music has. I would appreciate it a lot, might contribute (C# & SQL, C++ would give me something new to learn).
Yes I am very insterested, I would love to see a "library" for the pictures
(2015-03-25, 13:27)mbuzina Wrote: @garbear are you still interested in building the picture database backend? I think pics need to have the same support movies & music has. I would appreciate it a lot, might contribute (C# & SQL, C++ would give me something new to learn).

Some history. In spring of 2012, RetroPlayer was but a blip in my subconscious. I thought it'd be a cool idea, but the effort of porting emulators over, let alone the player itself, was WAY outside my skillset. (enter libretro a while later, but that's another story). Still, I knew that if RetroPlayer existed someday, it'd need a game library.

Without RetroPlayer, a game library was pretty pointless, so I built a picture library on a generic database abstraction that could be repurposed for my game library someday. I'd describe the database abstraction as NoSQL combined with MySQL... but taking the worst of both worlds Smile Anyways, the whole point of the picture library was to pick up a skillset that, in fall of 2012, would turn into a crude version of RetroPlayer.

The database part was too slow, but the GUI and schema for my picture library were sound. They can be re-used if I or someone else ever picks up the picture library again. And who knows, with a properly implemented database abstraction for the game library, a picture library probably isn't too far off.
So you found something more to your liking - that is how open source works. So I will stay with the PictureDatabase plugin available and use that one. It has almost everything it needs, maybe except the integration it could get from being a standard Kodi part (like better remote DB browsing, UPNP sharing of the picture library).

Thanks, I will be looking forward to RetroPlayer then (I guess t here is also much more demand for it, by the excitement you are generating ;-)

Thanks for the "history lesson" ;-)
For what it is worth, I would like to have this feature too.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Library2