Linux Trouble with remote control sending repeated commands.
This issue is driving me crazy, i'd appreciate any help or advice you can give.

My URC-R40 remote sends way more commands then button presses if you push the button without waiting for enough time.

e.g. I see the movie I am looking for and it is 3 rows below my currently selected movie, i press the down button 3 times in rapid succession and XBMC moves down 10 rows instead of 3.

I have the IR receiver that came with http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...s#VRC-1100
I'm using the URC-R40 remote control from the Universal Remote Control company. http://www.amazon.com/URC-R40-Favorite-U...ds=urc-r40

I've also tried the older version of the urc-r40 remote (the urc-r50) and it had the same issues. The URC-R50 is a much more popular remote, so there might be more information on it out there.

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 and XBMC Eden. I've also tried openelec 1.95.7 with the same behavior

I'm using the URC devices as learning remotes, I learned the IR commands from the remote that came with the IR Receiver (the VRC-1100).

the VRC-1100 behaves just as it should. This perplexes me since it is the same IR receiver and the commands are the same according to the XBMC debug log but the commands sent from my URC remote get double or trippled up.

Any suggestions on where/how to figure out why this is happening and how to fix it?

I'm wondering if a new IR Receiver will help me out or if that is just a waste of money? I also have an IR header on my motherboard (Asrock CIR header) and am wondering if this might help me out?

I've been working to fix this for quite some time, but can't seem to get anywhwere.
No one have any suggestions?
Please upload a debug log (wiki) to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com that shows these repeated keypresses. Post the URL for the uploaded log here with your reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with remote control sending repeated commands.0