[MQ4] Info View
I'm really loving the new skin, but one area that I think was done better in MQ3 is the info view. I liked having the large poster and I don't really like how the poster/movie logo/clearart are arranged now for a few reasons:

1) If there is no logo/clearart some space is wasted.
2) The poster is too small to see clearly.
3) As all three forms of artwork usually contain the same logo it is repetitive.

I propose some changes:

1) Replace the movie title text with the logo if available, else default to plain text.
2) Make the poster larger as it was before and make the cast list smaller.
3) Remove some of the more redundant info (i.e path) to make room for the clearart if available.

Does anybody feel the similarly? If this cannot be changed, is it possible to revert *only* the info mode without breaking the skin?
I feel the same way. The info screen layout is the only thing keeping me from using this skin on a daily basis. Other than that it's perfect.
I also agree, the Info panel should be like previous versions. Besides that the skin is great.
To me it feels like it doesn't flow too well.

There is tons and tons of information on the left side of the screen, all the little icons and text scrolling in every different direction. Then on the right half of the screen there are large amounts of empty space. I don't think it would take a drastic change at all to make it flow better.

Here is an image I made just by re-arranging two things in photoshop. I apologize in advanced, i'm awful with photoshop. So please focus on the idea rather than my hack job of photoshopping it.

The first image is how the view looks right now. Notice how much information is on the top left of the screen, with the title, movie info, and movie description all packed right there it makes things very busy, especially when they are all scrolling in different directions. Then on the top right corner of the screen there are huge empty spaces. This is what I believe hurts this view, it doesn't flow well.

What I would propose is to swap the logo and clearart with the movie plot. That way the window would be big enough that the movie plot would not need to scroll. And it would help make things more dispersed through the screen.

I agree, I like the old info window as well, but as much as MQ has done, it's hard to complain. It's pretty unlikely that any one skin will fit everyone's preferences.
It is not intended as a complaint, hopefully it is more like constructive criticism. Like I said, I love the new skin overall.
(2012-09-26, 05:14)rockstartower Wrote: What I would propose is to swap the logo and clearart with the movie plot. That way the window would be big enough that the movie plot would not need to scroll. And it would help make things more dispersed through the screen.

What i would do is make the plot description bigger
Put the movie cover in the middle..
Then to the right bigger plot
And put the logos "bluraydisc, hd1080,2:35:1,..) under the
path:.....
and above the clearlogos..
that would make it perfect to me

maybe its possible to adjust only that info screen by ourselfHuh
(2012-09-26, 09:51)Skank Wrote: maybe its possible to adjust only that info screen by ourselfHuh

I suppose you could just edit DialogVideoInfo.xml ? (seems to be the one you want) Easy to move stuff around by changing posx and posy for the various controls. Changing text size would be a bit more work as you would need a new font.xml entry (or find an existing one you prefer) but then getting it to display well would seem to take some effort.

scott s.

Marcos,

Any option to change this? Or are we up to ourselves to do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MQ4] Info View0