TIME SENSITIVE: We need your help to fill out the XBMC PVR wiki page
It's to help them select a backend. I'll see if I can find a better image.
in that case just renaming it DVB would do the job. I assume that a backend that would support either of the DVB standards probably support all.
It's not that "pretty", but here's the Quick Start Guide for Tvheadend: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR...tart_guide

Should give people a basic idea of what we're looking for on the other backend pages.
it took ten years of my life, but the skin related fluff has been added to the wiki as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Nice!
Wow !!!
Great work on the "Backend Software" page.

I think it would be better to change it to just "Backend" page and also include more information on backend setboxes (like Njoy ...).
The step "Setting up the backend software" should be better change to "Choosing Backend" and list some advantages/disadvantages between backend in software against backend setbox, like: price, power consumptions, ease of initial setup, size, reception quality (my bad experience with usb dvb-t dongles) ...
I also miss DVBLogic, this may be the easiest to way to setup a backend on a nas (at least for Synology and Asus).

Yeah, I really want to expand on two things for that "stage" of the instructions: Hardware for the backend software (even if it's just a basic understanding of the options, or common configuration examples), and ready-to-go hardware options. Those ready-to-go hardware options are freaking great, and a lot of people don't realize just how easy PVR on XBMC can be to set up when you have one.

I'm hoping that someday the Raspberry Pi itself can be seen as a kind of "DIY-ready-to-go" box, in that it should be very easy to standardize an installation and hardware recommendations for it, and the Pi makes it so cheap. Though, even that is often pale in comparison to the ease of use of something like the Njoy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIME SENSITIVE: We need your help to fill out the XBMC PVR wiki page1