[MQ4] A glitch that can be costly
I have this issue with MQ4 skin that is potentially dangerous and can drain your data usage with file sharing and newsgroup providers (furk.net and easynews.com in my case) with limited plans.

Namely, when an item (STRM file) is added to your library aware folder through various addons (what the furk, furk library 2, easynews plugins) and played from there, after pressing STOP video playback stops but item continues to be downloaded (router lights flashing). It is not anything else that is being downloaded as lights flashing stops as soon as XBMC is exited (though in foreceful manner as regular exit does not work when this happens). If you don't pay attention you could end up with clogging your connection and wasting gigs from your provider. I've spent 20 GIGS from Easynews by just checking out the options of the plugin not aware that dowload continued even if I stopped the movie playback.

How do I know this is MQ4 issue? Switching to confluence skin makes download stop immediately when item is stopped in XBMC.

Is there any setting in the skin that I am not aware of that can affect this behaviour or this is simply the glitch in the skin. Can anyone reproduce this?

Thanx
Problem persists. It has something to do with buffering. When playback starts without a pause (enough bandwidth) download can be stopped. If there is buffering with pause download cannot be stopped. Have to check if setting unlimited buffering in advancedsettings.xml would help
Maybe I am onto something that could be releated to the skin problem. Due to these downlaods my disk was rapidly losing space and I went to investigate where the culprits are and found out that folder C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\ contains many png files that are several GB large. .EACH OF THEM!! No way these are genuine pictures Could this be a result of these downloads? Could the skin be caching something it shouldn't?

EDIT: Just checked. These "thumbnails" get created by the uncontrolled downloads. This does not happen in Cofluence.

Interestingly I found this thread on plex forums. Skin is also AEON

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...ls-folder/

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...humbnails/

If you have these large png files in your Thumbnails folder they could mean your cents/dollars taken away due to this skin's uncontrolled download because even if you decided that the movie is not worth watching it will still be downloaded and you will pay for it (limited plans) On unlimited plans it will only clog your connection. No big deal :-)

Devs please comment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MQ4] A glitch that can be costly0