Win Start high end games from xbmc (and auto-close/open xbmc on launch / exit)
History:
So i where recently playing some Dirt 3 on my new entertainment console and got a bit surprised of the unusually low fps. And why? Because i had started Dirt 3 using the advanced launcher in xbmc witch apparently keeps xbmc running.

Then i figured about how i could set up a simple way to close xbmc automatically when launching all my high end games from it.

Then i came up with a brilliant idea! Game Booster and command line arguments!

Guide

The idea is simple. Setup Game Booster as a "fake" emulator that launches all your .exe ("ROM") files using advance launcher!

First download and install Game Booster 3 for free here : http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html.

You will also need to download the "Advance Launcher" plugin for xbmc if you don't have it already.

Open advance launcher and "Add new launcher", select file launcher / emulator as your type.As console type you can chose IBM / pc compatible but it doesn't really matter.

Browse to the game booster installation and select "gbtray.exe" as your "file launcher / emulator".
The default location is :
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster\gbtray.exe"

For the file types / endings set it to

And for the arguments make it say:

And set the "ROM directory" to your "Games directory" whether it be C:\program files or D:\Games.

Its most awesome to have all your games under a "Games directory" because then you can have Advance Launcher to automatically scan and add all your "ROMs"(.exe´s).

Also! Don't forget to tweak the game booster settings.

Will post screenshots and maybe even a video guide when i get home.

Rate so we can get this post moved to tips and tricks Wink
moved
Can you make better explanation, because this does not work. It open gamebooster in amd put him in tray, but does not start game and gamebooster
(2012-09-25, 12:38)DavidKron Wrote: History:
So i where recently playing some Dirt 3 on my new entertainment console and got a bit surprised of the unusually low fps. And why? Because i had started Dirt 3 using the advanced launcher in xbmc witch apparently keeps xbmc running.

Then i figured about how i could set up a simple way to close xbmc automatically when launching all my high end games from it.

Then i came up with a brilliant idea! Game Booster and command line arguments!

Guide

The idea is simple. Setup Game Booster as a "fake" emulator that launches all your .exe ("ROM") files using advance launcher!

First download and install Game Booster 3 for free here : http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html.

You will also need to download the "Advance Launcher" plugin for xbmc if you don't have it already.

Open advance launcher and "Add new launcher", select file launcher / emulator as your type.As console type you can chose IBM / pc compatible but it doesn't really matter.

Browse to the game booster installation and select "gbtray.exe" as your "file launcher / emulator".
The default location is :
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster\gbtray.exe"

For the file types / endings set it to

And for the arguments make it say:

And set the "ROM directory" to your "Games directory" whether it be C:\program files or D:\Games.

Its most awesome to have all your games under a "Games directory" because then you can have Advance Launcher to automatically scan and add all your "ROMs"(.exe´s).

Also! Don't forget to tweak the game booster settings.

Will post screenshots and maybe even a video guide when i get home.

Rate so we can get this post moved to tips and tricks Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start high end games from xbmc (and auto-close/open xbmc on launch / exit)2