invalad computer name/ remote share: could not connect to network server
Hi all. so i have used xbmc for over 7 years now. !!!FLAWLESSLY!!! i have it installed on an regular xbox system (not 360). i use it to browse threw my pc for all my music and movies/tv shows. Just the other day i went on to watch a few new shows i added and suddenly nothing is working now. i have not change anything and cant access any of my music tv shows ect ect.. when i click on the old files i have had on there since 7 years ago i get the REMOTE SHARE: cold not connect to network server. and if i try and add new source i tried all options ( same way i added all the other folders in the past ) and come up with an error saying Error: invalid computer name.
I double checked and made sure files are shared and that my firewall is off. (same way i had to do to make work before) i have tried just about everything i could think off .

PLEASE HELP ... anything at this point would be greatly appreciated

Also if it helps, i know its connected to the internet threw lan line. because on the plash screen im seeing all the new news and updates and so on.. also the weather is not working either if that means anything.

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Everything you've said seems to point to a networking issue. Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC; exit XBMC; restart XBMC and wait a couple of minutes; try to add a new source (which you said causes an error); exit XBMC immediately; locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log); upload the contents of the entire log to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com; post the URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply.
ok thanks for the quick reply Smile

so i did as mentioned, but like i said i installed xbmc 7 years ago and got everything working flawlessly and haven't had to do much since then. how do i locate and upload debug log (xbmc log) . thanks
artrafael: I think hes referring to the XBOX version, which is no longer supported.

yaayoo: goto xbmc4xbox.org.uk
(2012-09-25, 20:52)yaayoo Wrote: ok thanks for the quick reply Smile

so i did as mentioned, but like i said i installed xbmc 7 years ago and got everything working flawlessly and haven't had to do much since then. how do i locate and upload debug log (xbmc log) . thanks

If you are still only using the old xbox you'd better ask at xbmc4xbox.co.uk because it isn't supported here anymore.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok thanks i posted same at xbmc4xbox.org.uk. they seem to be less actives on there so can this thread remain open for others to help if possible ? please and thank you Smile

im still looking into finding Debug Log
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9298
(2012-09-25, 20:56)helta Wrote: artrafael: I think hes referring to the XBOX version, which is no longer supported.

yaayoo: goto xbmc4xbox.org.uk

Yeah, I thought perhaps he'd since moved off of his XBOX and onto Windows, based on the "[Windows]" thread prefix and posting in the Windows support forum. Moving this thread to Off-Topic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
invalad computer name/ remote share: could not connect to network server0