Xbmcscripts.com needs and wants your help!
hi ,

i have a problem when i upload xbmc scripts.
and then i start xbmc and then i go to scripts and open installer.py.
when i press a then read running and goes away why doesn't start
the xbmc scripts.

sylber
can some one follow my qeustion i am not very good in english i can write one in dutch i am from holland maybe can some dutch people answer my question
Quote:hi ,

i have a problem when i upload xbmc scripts.
and then i start xbmc and then i go to scripts and open installer.py.
when i press a then read running and goes away why doesn't start  
the xbmc scripts.

sylber

i had this same problem (using xbmc build 22-05-05).
i then tried running the installer.py with xbmc 31-07-05 and that launched it straight away with no problems - haven't played with it yet but it's running. so i'd say either get newer xbmc build version or find out if the installer.py can be modified to run on the build you presently have!

sleepz :thumbsup:
Star 
hi there..

yesterday i submitted to xbmcscript.com a new script called xbmcsub for search,download and copy subtitles from divxstation.com; it's not been published yet Sad.
who's the new admin?is there someone that can publish it?

thanks
g75
xbmcscripts is still up, but is someone paying attention to new script updates ? i have submitted 5 changed scripts, but see nothing happening ?
the processing time seems to be a few days or so. have you given it that long?
(asteron @ nov. 06 2005,05:56 Wrote:the processing time seems to be a few days or so.  have you given it that long?
well this is day 3, maybe it would be handy if there are multiple moderators for that site, as updated scripts will be hidden until they have been approved and that is not handy.
(bakman @ nov. 06 2005,15:03 Wrote:... as updated scripts will be hidden until they have been approved and that is not handy.
yes i don't approve of that behavior. the old versions should be kept available.

i agree with approving the initial script but updates to existing script should not need approval.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
well, the problem is that there's not much i can do about it...i don't code the system myself. i will have a look at it when i get back home in a months time. as for more moderators, sure, but i have asked many and there's not many people who wants to do it. more like none actually. if you want to be a moderator please contact me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] (remove nospam). recently the site has been abused badly however so things are down for the moment...will need to talk to the admin before i open it again. 650gb of data was transferred the past 2 weeks...that's just insane. i hope the site will make it, but if it doesn't stop it could be closed down in the worst case.
xbmcscripts.com administrator
650 gb?!? wow... that's insane... have you characterized the behavior? anyway to limit traffic to an ip?
yeah, but it was a proxy. it is blocked now, but that doesn't mean it won't happen again. the main problem was that i was away and didn't get to check the logs fast enough. the downloads will remain disabled for some time until i get to talk to the admin of the network i get server space of. i believe things will work out though...
things are back up again now. it wasn't such a big problem as i first thought it would be. as for the update system, i'll have to deal with that later...
enderw,
if we can get several people to split the load i'd be interested in being a mod.

lets get like 5-6 people... then it will be much easier.

lets go people... buck up!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
well, it's not like it's a huge load of scripts every day that needs approval. there's quite few actually...what's needed is people checking it often in order to lessen the time before a script is approved. please send me an email if you really want to be a mod and i'll add you and explain things to you.
more people are welcome...

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcscripts.com needs and wants your help!0