• 82(current)
Linux HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based
I've tried to install this a couple of times and it seems to install ok initially but when I boot into xbmc I don't see any audio devices. I am able to select hdmi as the audio device but I don't have any of the other options below this. I am using an nvidia GT610 with hdmi out but I also have an AMD APU so I'm not sure if this is causing the problem.
I think uNiversal may have suggested previously that this is a groups issue but I have checked and the xbmc user has been added to the user and audio groups.
Any ideas how I can fix this?
Thanks for your help
Type:

Code:
alsamixer

And unmute the hdmi and select the nvidia card. If u can, disable the amd gpu and dnsure cable is connected to nvidia hdmi port. Yes audio group ur user needs to be part of.
Thanks for your help. Strangely the only options I have in alsamixer is for spdif and spdif1. I have disabled on board audio in bios but still no joy. I am able to get the audio working in both xbmcbuntu and openelec but I just prefer the sound of the minimal route.
Spdif1 should be unmuted + masterchannel.

If you have pulseaduio remove it. Also make sure xbmc audio config is correct. Just 2.0 and no passthrough options atm.
Is there anything wrong with just loading up the standard (not minimal) version of Ubuntu, then loading up xbmc after? I don't know WTH is going on, but I've been running into nothing but problems trying to do this minimal install thing...

First, I couldn't get the minimal ubuntu to install off of the usb drive. So I burned the .iso to a disk, and now I can't get past the language selection screen. It's as if the keyboard just quit working on the language selection screen. I've never had this much difficulty trying to load ubuntu before....or any OS for that matter.
Not meant to be used with Full Ubuntu.
(2013-12-11, 20:09)uNiversal Wrote: Not meant to be used with Full Ubuntu.

So xbmc cannot be used with full ubuntu?
Yes it can but this script no, likely wont work properly. You can still install XBMC though this script was not designed and is not meant for Full Ubuntu. In any case this script is also no longer developed so any changes will have to be done by you.

In any case The UBUNTU ppa has a outdated version of XBMC (still in RC) and this script uses a deprecated XBMC PPA (XVBA)

At best if you want to install xbmc in full ubuntu see this https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-prestable or if you want 12.2 https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa

You can still use the xvba ppa for frodo however it is no longer deveoped and xvba is dead for future.
I've just managed to get the reinstall done but I have the same outcome. Pulseaudio isn't installed and I made sure that spdif was unmuted and I've selected analogue and 2.0 in the audio settings but I still get no sound. It's strange as I don't get any of the dts, AAC and passthrough settings under speaker configuration, I just have 3 options.
Screenshots of XBMC audio settings pls.
Sorry to ask possibly a stupid question but I'm a windows person. How do I take a screenshot, and can I save that screenshot to a nas so I can use it in my windows web browser?
Not exactly sure how to do a screenshot but the only options I have in audio settings are audio output which is currently set to analogue, speaker configuration which is set to 2.0 and play GUI sounds which is set to always.
prnt screen or the record button on a remote to take screenshots. What version xbmc do you have, can you also pastebin a debug log?
Sorry for the late reply, work getting in the way unfortunately! I am using xbmc 13.0 alpha 9. Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=96467

Sorry didn't realise this was an option within xbmc. Here is a screenshot of my audio settings.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based11