HDMI OUTPUT NOT WORKING ON ZOTAC AD10
Hello
I have bought one zotac AD10 and installed opensuse 12.1 on it
everything is working fine except for the sound
HDMI sound is not working.
Any idea.
Thanks
It works for me :-)

If you are running Eden, choose custom device: plughw:0,3 and for passthrough hw:0,3
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What OS are you running?
Do I have to set up the HDMI as default audio output at the OS level (open suse 12.1)?
I have tried xbmcbuntu and ac3 sound works but HDMI~DTS sound is still NOT working?
Any help?
@qsummon:
If AC3 is working - I think your receiver / TV cannot handle DTS via hdmi input - that's all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Analog audio is working if I set HDMI and set it as passthrough never get to work
By the way I have another computer with nvidia chipset hooked to the same receiver and works perfectly fine.
any additional help will be appreciated
Thanks
(2012-10-09, 00:59)qsummon Wrote: Analog audio is working if I set HDMI and set it as passthrough never get to work
By the way I have another computer with nvidia chipset hooked to the same receiver and works perfectly fine.
any additional help will be appreciated
Thanks

To quote myself:
If you are running Eden, choose custom device: plughw:0,3 and for passthrough hw:0,3
Just to be sure, check via sudo alsamixer -c0 that nothing is muted
and for completenes, please pastebin sudo aplay -L somewhere

A really good howto can be found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

Suse uses pulseaudio, that can fuck up everything :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI OUTPUT NOT WORKING ON ZOTAC AD100