Hide network share sub-folder from library scan
HI,

Somewhat newbie to xbmc, altough used to run xbmc on an original xbox many years ago.

Currently running xbmc on ATV2, just great. Question is: What is the best way to "hide" a subfolder from a network share, so library scan won´t add that specific content??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Depending on how you have your folder/subfolders organized, you may be able to accomplish this by de-selecting the option to scan folders recursively on the "Set Content" page.
Thanks for the fast reply.

I´ve added an entire share with movies, structure is somewhat like this: root/region#1 (#2, #3...)/subfolder with movie #1 (#2, #3...).

I would like to hide a specific "region#34" subfolder from general library scan. Is it possible?
If I understand you correctly, region#34 is a peer of region#1, region#2, etc., so you can't use the deselection of the "Scan recursively" option to exclude that folder without excluding all its peer folders as well. However, if you set content for the region#34 folder as "None" and enable the "Exclude selected folder from scans" option, I think that will accomplish what you have in mind.
Thanks artrafael,

So, i´ll have to create a new share with that specific folder, set it´s content to none, and exclude it from scans...

If so, then i guess it is time to suggest to the developers a feature to "disable" a specific sub-folder from scans.

no. you set content on the folder using context menu. i added this in 2007.

set content has always been per folder. and this scenario is exactly why i added this functionality.
Thanks spiff

Context menu while in files, right? On ATV2 long press on select brings a context menu, but i guess that option is not available....Need to check, when @Home.

I´ll provide feedback.
Question solved.

I was not aware of what context menu option to press, and somewhat lost in translation to Portuguese in the context menu. All goes well (i hope).

Thanks to all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide network share sub-folder from library scan0