AeonNox.PleXBMC skin questions
I am new to XBMC and PleXBMC and am just wondering how to do a couple of things

1) is it possible to add submenus to the home menu items? Such as TV Shows & Movies?

2) In Big Fan listing for TV Shows it shows a thumbnail for all the items (All Shows/Unwatched/etc) is it possible to change that thumbnail for each list item? Currently it just shows a squished version of the menu background.

3) Bringing up info for TV shows has a blank gray area where the poster would be if info was brought up for a movie. How can this be fixed?

I am sure I will have a few more idiosyncratic questions with this skin as time goes on, but for now these are the few things I would like to change.

I have also posted this over at the Plex forums.

I should mention, I am using Ember Media Manager to deal with metadata and posters/banners/fanart
1. - Movies and Tv shows should already have submenus associated with them. You can add or subtract what's there by visiting the skin settings --> Customize Home menu items. This also allows for a limited number of custom items, such as playlists, add-ons, specific commands, etc.

2. - I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this one... perhaps a screenshot?

3. Most likely the skin is looking for a poster that you haven't assigned. In that infoscreen, choose the "get thumb" option, and either navigate to a local file, or download something from the initial list that pops up.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
1) I found where to add add-ons/playlists/favorites to the TV Shows & Movies submenus, however I favorited All Shows Recently Added etc but nothing shows up in favorite path when I select it.

2) here is a screenshot, I want to be able to set a thumbnail for each menu item within TV shows, instead of it defaulting to the TV Show set background

3) here is two screenshots for this. The first one is when I bring up the info for the show in general, the second is for when I bring up info on the episode itself, when I select get thumb it just gets a frame shot of the episode. In EMM is there format I can select to make sure it downloads a poster for this area?

(2012-09-27, 01:03)Arkitket Wrote: 1) I found where to add add-ons/playlists/favorites to the TV Shows & Movies submenus, however I favorited All Shows Recently Added etc but nothing shows up in favorite path when I select it.

If you know how to check the log file, take a look through it at the time when you are trying to select that favorites path. You may find that you have a script missing (such as script.playlist). It happened to me recently...

(2012-09-27, 01:03)Arkitket Wrote: 2) here is a screenshot, I want to be able to set a thumbnail for each menu item within TV shows, instead of it defaulting to the TV Show set background

I think this is directly related to the problem above. Look in the help section under skin settings, and see if you have the "script.randomlastitems" installed. In the initial post of the Nox 3.5 release thread, there is a list of pertinent scripts, and where to get them.

(2012-09-27, 01:03)Arkitket Wrote: 3) here is two screenshots for this. The first one is when I bring up the info for the show in general, the second is for when I bring up info on the episode itself, when I select get thumb it just gets a frame shot of the episode. In EMM is there format I can select to make sure it downloads a poster for this area?

I believe you need a "seasonall-poster.jpg" (i forget the exact naming convention, check the wiki regarding thumbnails for the exact convention) for a poster to show up when you're looking at individual episode details. I'm not sure about Ember's role in downloading the specific poster. I'd use Artwork Downloader to download the seasonall poster, or do a manual download.

Sorry I couldn't attach links in the post - I'm on a break at class, and had to fire of the reply quickly! Smile The Search button will be your friend! Wink

EDIT - some of these problems may be directly caused by the PleXBMC plugin as well.... which i think is unsupported here. But i think you're on that thread over on the plex forums, right?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I will make sure to take a look at the available scripts, hopefully some of them will help.

Yes I am over on those forums, I have asked the same questions there as well. Unfortunately they are not as active over there as the members are here.

Also, I recently downloaded the Weather Fanart pack and enabled weather backgrounds based on current weather conditions; however, is there any way to set the backgrounds to be random when I move over to weather, but not rotate amongst the other backgrounds? Essentially, I would like the weather background to be random based on current conditions (which it is now), but be static while I am in weather instead of dynamically rotating.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AeonNox.PleXBMC skin questions0