Watched status not syncing, shared mysql database
OK, so the answer to my question might be that I'm doing something that I'm not supposed to be able to do, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in principle.

I have a dual-boot machine, with Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04. I have a 2nd drive which has read/write access from both installs. I have xbmc Eden installed on both OSes. I installed a mysql server on both OSes and use symbolic links (Ubuntu) and mklink (Windows 7) to point xbmc to a shared mysql database on the 2nd drive. Both of the xbmc installs used MyMusic18.db and MyVideos60.db, so there doesn't seem to be a version difference between the databases. The mysql database works, in the sense that all my files are present on both OSes. If I add a file to the database in Ubuntu, the file is already present in Windows next time I log in. The only thing that is not working correctly is the watched status. My windows xmbc install has no files marked as being watched, whereas the ubuntu xbmc install has the correct flags set and shows the watched status correctly.

I saw mentioned on another thread that the xbmc versions need to be identical. Well, both installs are Eden, but how identical do they need to be? The windows xbmc install shows the git version used for the installer, whereas the ubuntu xmbc install lists 'unknown' for the git version. Does that even matter? They are both XBMC Eden final releases.

The other alternative is that there is something fundamentally wrong with what I am attempting to do it simply won't work. Is that the case?

Thanks.
So resume playback times work?
have u actually opened the database and looked at the tables?
I'd be curious if you have dupes in the dbase 1 with different sources each
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I haven't tried resume playback yet, never really used it, so hadn't though to try. I'll look in the database to see if there are duplicate entries. Which entry does it use for the watched status? Does it use play count > 0? I noticed that there are multiple play count entries one in the episodeview table and one in the file table, which does it use, or does it increment both of them when you mark something as watched?

Thanks.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_databases
it is that field
it does not increment it toggles null / 1
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Each MySQL server has it's own database. It sounds like they both have the same files because they're both scanning them into their individual MySQL servers.
Alright, so it ends up there are duplicate entries in the database. Instead of picking up the already present files, the 2nd xbmc install created a whole new set of idPath entries in the path table. Does anyone know why it did this? Why create new entries when there are existing entries in the database? Is this because the xbmc versions are not identical, so the existing entries were incompatible? I'm still going to mess around with this some more this weekend, because it seems like this should work, unless my understanding of either mysql or xbmc is fundamentally flawed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched status not syncing, shared mysql database0