No sound (AsRock H77, Sony BDV-IT1000)
Hi there

I'm getting crazy on this one Confused

I used to have a ZBox which was connected by optical cable to my Sony BDV-IT1000. I had perfect DTS sound, no problems there.
After my ZBox decided to stop working, I just finished my new own built HTPC with the AsRock H77.

Now I wanted to plug everything in the same way as I did with my Zotac Box, but I do not have any sound output, neither in Windows (trying to play sample music through media palyer) nor in XBMC.
I did install the sound drivers and strangely I do see the volume bar popping up and down in windows when I play music, but the sound simply doesn't get through to my speakers Sad

Probably some of you guys can help me out here, any suggestions?
Presumably you are connecting the htpc by optical.........have you setup xbmc for optical and selected optical in windows as the default audio.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
well what should I say, it works now......

So everything was set up correctly, but the Sony BDV-IT1000 was the issue.

The system has 1 Optical and 1 Coax plug which are linked to the same "Function" = setting to choose the right plug. I used to always have both plugged in and use whatever device I just need than.
So when I unplugged the Coax, the sound was here and everything worked, es I plugged the Coax back in ---> it was still working!

So just a glitch I guess and it works now

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound (AsRock H77, Sony BDV-IT1000)0