• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.6.2 EDEN Only
(2012-10-12, 14:42)Wallpaper_01 Wrote: I have an acer revo 3700 ION2/4GB RAM/SSD. I have a problem with when clicking on a tab like movies it takes 2-3 seconds to load the option, any performance tweaks anyone could suggest? Apart from this it runs fine. Just hate the delay...

I have a Windows 7 32 bit 2gb Revo 3700 with the standard hdd that came with it and don't have that problem,
do you have dirty regions enabled in your advancedsettings.xml? It makes quite a bit of difference to cpu useage on the 3700

(2012-10-13, 20:43)stammie Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 14:42)Wallpaper_01 Wrote: I have an acer revo 3700 ION2/4GB RAM/SSD. I have a problem with when clicking on a tab like movies it takes 2-3 seconds to load the option, any performance tweaks anyone could suggest? Apart from this it runs fine. Just hate the delay...

I have a Windows 7 32 bit 2gb Revo 3700 with the standard hdd that came with it and don't have that problem,
do you have dirty regions enabled in your advancedsettings.xml? It makes quite a bit of difference to cpu useage on the 3700

dirty regions does not affect window loading times.
window loading times in eden can only be improved by disabling viewtypes because all xmls get parsed on window entry.
remember that the delay also depends on the size of your database.
in Frodo the amount of viewtypes should only matter for the delay on first window opening. after that they are stored in RAM.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
First, this is a great skin, but I have two problems:

1. I have a AMD E350 and in the movie section using "Shift" oder any cover flow the covers are not loaded fast enough during scrolling. Is there any command to put more covers and fanarts into RAM while opening the movie section?

2. after some updates of aeon nox and tvtunes, my theme.mp3 files are not played any more. The script is running and I can automatically or manually start theme downloads, but if I open a tv show, no theme is played. How can I configure this? I don't know if the tvtunes updates caused this bug or the skin updates.

Thank you.
(2012-10-14, 01:21)F0x123 Wrote: First, this is a great skin, but I have two problems:

1. I have a AMD E350 and in the movie section using "Shift" oder any cover flow the covers are not loaded fast enough during scrolling. Is there any command to put more covers and fanarts into RAM while opening the movie section?

2. after some updates of aeon nox and tvtunes, my theme.mp3 files are not played any more. The script is running and I can automatically or manually start theme downloads, but if I open a tv show, no theme is played. How can I configure this? I don't know if the tvtunes updates caused this bug or the skin updates.

Thank you.

1) no you can´t.
2) there are no skin settings for that add-on. if it doesn´t work it´s probably the add-on´s fault, we didn´t change anything concerning that.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-10-14, 01:21)F0x123 Wrote: First, this is a great skin, but I have two problems:

Thank you.

I have an E350 too, with a few tweaks in your advancedsettings (dirtyregions, useddsfanart etc.) it's running a whole lot better on my E350 (Windows 8). I'll post or PM you the settings when I get home.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Hi there,

My "TV Shows" are showing up with a bad image on tri-panel view.
It's working fine for movies though, which is strange.

(2012-10-15, 13:31)twig Wrote: Hi there,

My "TV Shows" are showing up with a bad image on tri-panel view.
It's working fine for movies though, which is strange.
You have scraped banners. Either rescrape posters or use poster.jpg setting in media menu.
(2012-10-13, 20:50)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-13, 20:43)stammie Wrote:

dirty regions does not affect window loading times.
window loading times in eden can only be improved by disabling viewtypes because all xmls get parsed on window entry.
remember that the delay also depends on the size of your database.
in Frodo the amount of viewtypes should only matter for the delay on first window opening. after that they are stored in RAM.

Thanks Phil. Was just about to ask the same question about loading times. Every time I install a new skin I enable all the view types for when I'm poking around, checking it out; I didn't realise that'd affect performance. I suppose that's true for a few other people too, so thanks for the heads up.
I've been playing around with the built in Alarm Clock function lately and I have a question. I've been able to use the Alarm Clock command to set the timer to open windows (like Programs folder for instance) but is it possible to use the Alarm Clock command to launch a Program Addon? In other words is it possible to use the Alarm Clock command to set the timer and launch PsuedoTv? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2012-10-15, 15:58)Big_Noid Wrote: You have scraped banners. Either rescrape posters or use poster.jpg setting in media menu.

Fantastic, thank you!
Aeon NOX was my main skin back when it was still at v2.x but I had to abandon it when the first 3.x.x versions became too heavy for my system.
I'm very glad to see that v3.6.1 runs fine on Frodo Alpha6 Smile

A couple of small problems:
The option to show smaller pop-up dialogs doesn't seem to work.

I get "Script failed: Randomitems.py" error messages which is strange as I don't have any random items widget activated, only recent items. Combined with the big pop-ups it's pretty annoying especially when I'm watching something.
The log shows a severe-looking error at line 1769

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10752

Any ideas?
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2012-10-16, 10:47)minimoe Wrote: Aeon NOX was my main skin back when it was still at v2.x but I had to abandon it when the first 3.x.x versions became too heavy for my system.
I'm very glad to see that v3.6.1 runs fine on Frodo Alpha6 Smile

A couple of small problems:

I get "Script failed: Randomitems.py" error messages which is strange as I don't have any random items widget activated, only recent items. Combined with the big pop-ups it's pretty annoying especially when I'm watching something.

Any ideas?

either use eden + nox 3.6.1 or
frodo + nox 4.0 (which is WIP)
(2012-10-16, 06:10)ARYEZ Wrote: I've been playing around with the built in Alarm Clock function lately and I have a question. I've been able to use the Alarm Clock command to set the timer to open windows (like Programs folder for instance) but is it possible to use the Alarm Clock command to launch a Program Addon? In other words is it possible to use the Alarm Clock command to set the timer and launch PsuedoTv? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yes, just use RunAddon() instead of ActivateWindow()
Hello All,

I'm having a problem with the skin whenever it's in the "infowall" display.

When I was looking at other skins one day and switched back all the info was blank accept for the word "comment:"

But when I switch to other views all the info is still there and displayed correctly.

http://imageshack.us/a/img840/4235/99906430.png

Thanks for your time.
(2012-10-16, 14:15)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-16, 10:47)minimoe Wrote: A couple of small problems:

Any ideas?

either use eden + nox 3.6.1 or
frodo + nox 4.0 (which is WIP)

Thanks phil.

I see that NOX 4.0 doesn't support custom playlists in the main menu yet so I'll stick with 3.6.1 for now. I disabled some features and the Randomitems error didn't appear again..
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2012-10-16, 21:52)fictionalnape Wrote: Hello All,

I'm having a problem with the skin whenever it's in the "infowall" display.

When I was looking at other skins one day and switched back all the info was blank accept for the word "comment:"

But when I switch to other views all the info is still there and displayed correctly.

http://imageshack.us/a/img840/4235/99906430.png

Thanks for your time.

What addon is that. Is that advanced launcher or RCB?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.6.2 EDEN Only6