• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.6.2 EDEN Only
(2012-09-27, 17:15)Big_Noid Wrote: @Cath Barkley: I see. I cannot reproduce this. You sure you're on 3.6.0? I've been looking through the commits and we had some post 3.5.0 bugfixes concerning dark backgrounds like the one in the screenshot. You can check the version number in the select dialog for changing skins.

I'm also seeing this on 3.6.0, when "Set area colour for 'Featured' Window' is set to Normal or Extended, fan art is darkened but it does create a cool effect. Setting to Light or No, brings the fan art back again.

The new backgrounds are growing on me but I'm not 100% decided yet.

All in all, love the update, all seems stable here.
Hey guys

Thanks for the magnificent skin and all you hardwork in allowing us enjoying the very best in personal entertainment.

Unfortunately I am having alot of crashes here too. It just randomly freezes when I am trying to access an item or perform mundane tasks..
(2012-09-27, 21:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:02)relayer35 Wrote: I didn't pay big bucks for a nice big HDTV to display black and white pictures

congratulations for the dumbest sentence I have read today.
a liitle more kindness would be appropriate, even if you dislike that change.
only other way is to exchange the images manually in skin.aeon.nox/backgrounds folder

Wow. Talk about "a little more kindness"....

I didn't insult you personally, but you felt the need to do that to me. I simply don't like black and white backgrounds, as one of my favorite aspects of XBMC is the colorful menus. I have no idea why you took it so personally.

But as for the "dumbest sentence" remark...that's rather insulting and as you are a long time contributor on this forum, I would have expected more. There was really no reason for that remark.

Thanks for your suggestion about changing the images manually. You could have provided it without the insult.
(2012-09-27, 21:22)tw332 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 17:15)Big_Noid Wrote: @Cath Barkley: I see. I cannot reproduce this. You sure you're on 3.6.0? I've been looking through the commits and we had some post 3.5.0 bugfixes concerning dark backgrounds like the one in the screenshot. You can check the version number in the select dialog for changing skins.

I'm also seeing this on 3.6.0, when "Set area colour for 'Featured' Window' is set to Normal or Extended, fan art is darkened but it does create a cool effect. Setting to Light or No, brings the fan art back again.

The new backgrounds are growing on me but I'm not 100% decided yet.

All in all, love the update, all seems stable here.
Thats actually a bug. Fixed by placing this in 1080i folder.

(2012-09-27, 21:22)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Hey guys

Thanks for the magnificent skin and all you hardwork in allowing us enjoying the very best in personal entertainment.

Unfortunately I am having alot of crashes here too. It just randomly freezes when I am trying to access an item or perform mundane tasks..
Cant help without a full debug log.
Will do mate.

How do i get the debug log to you?
(2012-09-27, 21:29)relayer35 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:02)relayer35 Wrote: I didn't pay big bucks for a nice big HDTV to display black and white pictures

congratulations for the dumbest sentence I have read today.
only other way is to exchange the images manually in skin.aeon.nox/backgrounds folder

I didn't insult you personally, but you felt the need to do that to me. I simply don't like black and white backgrounds, as one of my favorite aspects of XBMC is the colorful menus. I have no idea why you took it so personally.

But as for the "dumbest sentence" remark...that's rather insulting and as a long time contributor on this forum, I would have expected more. There was really no reason for that remark.

Thanks for your suggestion about changing the images manually. You could have provided it without the insult.

i did that because it wasn´t even my own work but from someone else tryin to help us makin the skin better.
if the majority would behave like you then we´d probably have much less people here in this forum who try to create something for others.
it´s ok to voice your opinion, but just comin in and sayin "i hate it, explain to me how to change that" is not the way to do that. even if you´re a long time contributor.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-09-27, 21:36)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Will do mate.

How do i get the debug log to you?

Enable debugging in system-->system-->debugging. Close XBMC, startup, let it freeze and post the log at xbmclogs.com.
Looking great guys, 3.6 backgrounds are classy!

No problems or crashes so far.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2012-09-27, 21:40)Raytestrak Wrote: Looking great guys, 3.6 backgrounds are classy!

No problems or crashes so far.

thx for that goes here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136611
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-09-27, 21:39)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:29)relayer35 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:13)phil65 Wrote: congratulations for the dumbest sentence I have read today.

But as for the "dumbest sentence" remark...that's rather insulting and as a long time contributor on this forum, I would have expected more. There was really no reason for that remark.

i did that because it wasn´t even my own work but from someone else tryin to help us makin the skin better.
if the majority would behave like you then we´d probably have much less people here in this forum who try to create something for others.
it´s ok to voice your opinion, but just comin in and sayin "i hate it, explain to me how to change that" is not the way to do that. even if you´re a long time contributor.

Perhaps I should I have phrased it differently, and said "not a fan of black of white", but that was a pretty big artistic change that was made, that is pretty much pushed to users unless they have automatic updates disabled, and it's jarring.

I also meant to imply that you were a long time contributor (not me), and I was surprised at the insult coming from you.

I appreciate the effort of everyone here but still don't need the person insult.

Luckily I still had 3.5 installed on another PC and copying the background folder from that PC was simpler than manually changing all the backgrounds back in the customizer. Thanks again for the suggestion.
(2012-09-27, 21:53)relayer35 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:39)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:29)relayer35 Wrote: Wow. Talk about "a little more kindness"....

Perhaps I should I have phrased it differently, and said "not a fan of black of white", but that was a pretty big artistic change that was made, that is pretty much pushed to users unless they have automatic updates disabled, and it's jarring.

I also meant to imply that you were a long time contributor (not me), and I was surprised at the insult coming from you.

I appreciate the effort of everyone here but still don't need the person insult.

Luckily I still had 3.5 installed on another PC and copying the background folder from that PC was simpler than manually changing all the backgrounds back in the customizer. Thanks again for the suggestion.

that´s why xbmc is havin a rollback feature for add-ons. if you don´t like it, just go back.
i could also have written "does not make any sense" ( or do you want to tell me that a big tv is more suited for colored images than small ones?) but your first post made me think that you do not care too much about behaviour.
Loving the update to this already excellent skin.

One small request/query - Can I turn of the notification telling me about the new white setting every time I boot my box?
(2012-09-27, 22:41)lem000 Wrote: Loving the update to this already excellent skin.

One small request/query - Can I turn of the notification telling me about the new white setting every time I boot my box?

That should only be once
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok.. I got it twice for some reason. Did a shutdown/startup rather than a reboot and it's now gone.

Thanks for the uber prompt response!
(2012-09-27, 22:52)lem000 Wrote: Ok.. I got it twice for some reason. Did a shutdown/startup rather than a reboot and it's now gone.

Thanks for the uber prompt response!

showing up twice is correct. just wanted to make sure eveyone sees it.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.6.2 EDEN Only6