[WIP] Veda (discontinued)
End time added.
I'll have a look at it when i start on skin widgets.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Updated
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Have you still not decided about recently added? Love the skin but recently added is really convenient for me because I have a lot of tv shows. Have you looked at welo skin ?
I'll give a bit more explanation about what i meant.

To be honest, i haven't looked at Welo yet. Been trying not to get influenced too much by others, too early in development.
You described what you wanted with recently added as a sort of overlay, right? That i will give some thought. But i'm worried about how much of a slow down this will be if it gets activated when items are highlighted.

But you can already make a general recently added option in the main top menu.
Go to -> TvShows -> press Back 2x -> highlight Recently Added TvShows -> bring up the context menu -> Add to Favorites.
Then go to -> Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Settings -> Enable a custom Favorite -> Set Favorite -> Choose Recently added Episodes.

I might just put this in the main menu by default and just give the option to turn it off. But nodes, and the new filtering give a user so many options that they might prefer to use those. So by, "deciding on" i kind of mean test and use the different options (Recent / Nodes / Widgets / Filter) to see what is the easiest / fastest / most user friendly. A main menu available everywhere is nice, but if it gets too full it's no longer faster.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Nice concepts, MassIV. It has a unique look.

I look forward to testing it out down the road, when you're closer to release-ready.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I have to say this may be one of the most beautiful skins I have tried! Great work!

Of course, I had the usual crashes, lag, and other things I expect to get from a skin that is in the Alpha stages, on an Alpha build (on Windows 7, and I may not of had a new enough build) ... but I saw enough to know that if/when you release this, it will probably become my default skin.

Quick question... when I pressed 'M' on the keyboard, I got the '4 way controller' (not sure what to call that). Is there a different way with this skin to get to video/audio menus, or has that not implemented into that screen yet?
(2012-10-29, 18:47)thrak76 Wrote: Nice concepts, MassIV. It has a unique look.

I look forward to testing it out down the road, when you're closer to release-ready.
Thnx, looking forward to getting your feedback Smile

(2012-10-30, 19:09)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I have to say this may be one of the most beautiful skins I have tried! Great work!

Of course, I had the usual crashes, lag, and other things I expect to get from a skin that is in the Alpha stages, on an Alpha build (on Windows 7, and I may not of had a new enough build) ... but I saw enough to know that if/when you release this, it will probably become my default skin.

Quick question... when I pressed 'M' on the keyboard, I got the '4 way controller' (not sure what to call that). Is there a different way with this skin to get to video/audio menus, or has that not implemented into that screen yet?
Thnx, that means a lot. Though the skin isn't even in Alpha yet, i can only wish...

But the video / audio menus (and subtitles ect) are in the 4 way controller.
Highlight the up arrow and give it a few clicks to change the options you see inside the 4 way controller.
Think that option needs a bit of a more logical symbol... So that is good feedback.

Though the whole video menu still needs loads of work, but other things keep taking priority.
Like getting things to function in the first place... Big Grin
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Alpha1 home screen preview

-img no longer relevant-
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-11-05, 02:14)MassIV Wrote: Alpha1 home screen preview

Looks good, what about your player osd are you gong to keep it the same?
I think fusion osd would look good but with end time on the top right like below
They will both be getting a big overhaul as well. And not like Fusion, as the goal is a new skin.
It was mostly Fusions underlying structure i was interested in.
But before i pull a window through photoshop i need to have all the code the way i want it.
Bit different then how most do it, but it allows for some "happy accidents" and getting to know the code without the feeling of breaking a pretty design.

So we'll see what rolls out...

Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
I uninstalled Frodo and stay with Eden for the moment, so I couldn't try your WIP and judge it only from your screenshots.

Maybe you updated it since the first post, I don't know.

Except the fact that I dont like much the font used in main menu (this I could change manually) and overall that you mixed a lot of fonts (so lack of unity), I find your skin very cool, very refreshing, rather clean.
When stable Frodo will be released somehow in december I will happily try it.

Very good work, congratulations!
There is almost nothing left of the screenshots that were there. So they are gone now, i'll add some more new later.
But i did agree with you. Thing is, the code has to be in order first. Until then, all layout work is experimental.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Updated.

Was about time... Have been too busy. Screenshots and as promised. And a more permanent name, i think.

-edit-
Seems like i forgot to add one of the background folders.
Fixed now.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Cool looks like a nice skin
Really nice! I like it.

The skin is quite fast, clear looking...

edit - How about a full repo? Might be handy to have automatically access to new updates. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Veda (discontinued)5