Another bought myself a new HTPC thread
Here is kind of the story. Was using XBMC on orig xbox from 2002-2003 up til 2011. Xbox's slow CPU forced me to do a very necessary upgrade.Then I was using my main machine for an HTPC (i5-2500k) and it worked great but I needed a dedicated machine.So I looked around and figured that the ATV2 would work pretty good for me. Well it works fine playing movies but the interface lags and everything seems very slow compared to my main machine, I like it so that I can use my TV remote though. So this morning I purchased a new machine and just wanted some input on it. If I should have done something different lol. Also wanted to get everybody's opinion on a remote! HEre is the machine:

CPU: i3-3220T - $130
MOBO: ASUS P8H77-I - $100
HDD: OCZ Agility 3 - $50
CASE: IN WIN - $50
MEM: 4GB stick I have sitting around - Priceless

TOTAL: $335

I mainly watch 720p movies and some SBS 3d (very rarely) along with all other qualities of movies. I just wanted everything to be very quick and responsive when using this. For the remote I am thinking about using LIRC and using a IR reciever plugged into the MIC jack of the machine. If I can get it all configed and working properly with the machine. If I can't get that going does anybody have a suggestion so that I can program my TV remote to work with XBMC? Also please give me some input on the choice of hardware (good and bad!), thanks!

-haryy
http://flirc.tv/

I don't own one yet, but I've heard good things.
Nice, that thing looks pretty simple. Would probably imagine I'd rip it apart and extend the IR reciever on it. I only have a TV hanging on the wall and really like the clean look.

About the media center. One other thing that I didnt like about the Apple was that I could skype with it, so it'll be nice to be able to do that.

-haryy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another bought myself a new HTPC thread0