[request] Any way to add add-on content to your library?
Hi,
I mostly use XBMC for its great streaming capabilities - with all those add-ons around...
but obviously by that I lose the "wow factor" - the way people organize their library to be synchronized with XBMC and the result of this is a beautiful beautiful VOD like interface...

as in here --

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76954

Just beautiful, but since I don't download movies\TV shows anymore there's not much of a library to apply this skin to...

But maybe there is some way to add add-on content to your library, from one "add on source" or from multiple?
That, for example, I'll have Family Guy in my library, and when I play it I will be directed to the streams (from the add-on) somehow?

Thanks in advance.
The individual addon has to support the creation of .strm files. So far, I'm only aware of 3 addons that do this:
1Channel
What The Furk
Amazon Prime

Of which, only Blucop's Amazon Prime is supported here, the other two are available at xbmchub.com. I'm working on a "meta-addon" which will make this possible for all addons, but it isn't ready yet (https://github.com/bstrdsmkr/plugin.video.waldo)

Additionally, the MyLibrary tool (under supplemental tools) can walk through an addon and add the .strm links to your library, but it requires a bit of configuration
Wow, Bstrdsmkr, really looking forward to this meta-addon, I really hope it will be up soon.

I guess it's very difficult for some add-ons, but some offer very straightforward streaming options (e.g. server 1, server 2, server 3 and so on) so that can be doable, I really hope to see that addon soon.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but MyLibrary requires .strm files, so it cannot add content from addons that do not offer that option, right?
Hi Bstrdsmkr, any news on that addon?

thanks!
(2012-09-27, 19:00)darda Wrote: Wow, Bstrdsmkr, really looking forward to this meta-addon, I really hope it will be up soon.

I guess it's very difficult for some add-ons, but some offer very straightforward streaming options (e.g. server 1, server 2, server 3 and so on) so that can be doable, I really hope to see that addon soon.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but MyLibrary requires .strm files, so it cannot add content from addons that do not offer that option, right?

Which addon are you trying to stream from? Using MyLibrary I have added shows from Amazon Prime, FreeCable, 1channel, and PBS to my xbmc library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[request] Any way to add add-on content to your library?0