Recommend Fanless or Ultra Quiet Group#6 Pre-Built Hardware XBMC Solution
Hi

Please recommend your favourite fanless or ultra quiet Group#6 pre-built hardware.

My priorities are:

1) No noticeable noise in any mode (i.e can't hear any noise from it whilst watching a quiet movie or internet browsing, whilst being 1 metre away from it)
2) Group#6 compatible with XBMCbuntu (plan to fit it with or select one with 4GB memory and 64GB SSD)
3) Small as possible
4) Looks good
5) Price
6) 2011/2012 model (i.e not too old)

Thanks
Aeon Nox 5, Krypton, LibreELEC (Generic x86 64 7.90.010 ALPHA), Intel NUC D34010WYK
(2012-09-28, 15:02)orangesky Wrote: 1) No noticeable noise in any mode (i.e can't hear any noise from it whilst watching a quiet movie or internet browsing, whilst being 1 metre away from it)

I can't help. I'm just amazed that you managed to use "whilst" twice in one sentence!

Tobor

I would recommend the Shuttle v3 (it has all the above)... but i cant comment on how it behaves on XBMCUbuntu since i m running Win7 64bit with XBMC...(maybe will try XBMCUbuntu Frodo if i have the time)

A review here
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/...leId=34193

(2012-09-28, 20:50)solamnic Wrote: I would recommend the Shuttle v3 (it has all the above)... but i cant comment on how it behaves on XBMCUbuntu since i m running Win7 64bit with XBMC...(maybe will try XBMCUbuntu Frodo if i have the time)

A review here
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/...leId=34193

Thanks. Good to know the V3 is in Group 6. Plus, it would be great to know that it works OK with XBMXBuntu.

Lastly, how do you remote control this box, because it does not have an IR sensor? Can you power it on and off and control it by using the XBMC Android Remote App? The latter would be good enough for me.
Aeon Nox 5, Krypton, LibreELEC (Generic x86 64 7.90.010 ALPHA), Intel NUC D34010WYK
The Shuttle has an Ati videocard.If you want to be on the safe side, choose a machine with a Nvidia graphics card. Ati's linux driver support is terrible. Always has been and probably will be indefinitely.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
(2012-09-28, 15:56)Tobor Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 15:02)orangesky Wrote: 1) No noticeable noise in any mode (i.e can't hear any noise from it whilst watching a quiet movie or internet browsing, whilst being 1 metre away from it)

I can't help. I'm just amazed that you managed to use "whilst" twice in one sentence!

Tobor

Great sense of humor,...made me laugh.

(2012-09-28, 21:48)GortWillSaveUs Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 15:56)Tobor Wrote:

Tobor

Great sense of humor,...made me laugh.

Made me laugh too, all whilst I was drinking my coffee at which time I spewed it on the screen.
(2012-09-28, 21:48)Bram77 Wrote: The Shuttle has an Ati videocard.If you want to be on the safe side, choose a machine with a Nvidia graphics card. Ati's linux driver support is terrible. Always has been and probably will be indefinitely.

Thanks, for anyone else, here's more info on the Shuttle V3: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134995

I was originally going to wait to get the ZOTAC ZBOX nano AD12, but it's for the bedroom and I really don't want to hear it during the quiet parts of a movie. Can anyone comment on the noise level of the AD12 or recommend a very quiet alternative pre-built box?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommend Fanless or Ultra Quiet Group#6 Pre-Built Hardware XBMC Solution0