Processing existing files with SabNZB/Sickbeard/Couchpotato

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
speerross Offline
I have a lot of existing files that I want to process with SabNZB and Sickbeard/Couchpotato (i.e. par check, unrar, move, rename, add XMBC meta data). Some TV stuff, some Movies

Does anyone have any instructions on what would be the simplest way to do this? In theory I need to fool the software in to seeing them all as new downloads, but without actually downloading any data
find quote
mwkurt Offline
Posting Freak
I do this all of the time with stuff I download on my own. Just put it in the folders that Sickbeard/Couchpotato look for when they download their own nzb files. With Sickbeard, the tv show needs to be in the sickbeard library. With Couchpotato, it doesn't matter. It will process any movie, in the wanted list or not.

Just give it a try!

Mark
find quote
speerross Offline
Based on what you said I managed to get Sickbeard to rename already existing files, so thanks for that tip.

The problem I'm facing now is getting SabNZB to run it's processing (par check, unrar, delete pars, move file) and then tell Sickbeard about it, so sickbeard can do the renaming and adding meta data. I can't seem to fool SabNZB in to adding these files to it's queue (they are as sets of rars, some with par files, but without nzbs)

I did read something about creating a _ADMIN_ folder in the dir with the rar files, but I can't quite work out how to do it?
find quote