structured and translatable changelog for addons
Hi,

It would be very nice if the changelog.txt would be changed to a structed one, here is an example:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.foobar">
    <release version="0.0.1">
        <changes lang="en">Initial Release</summary>
        <changes lang="de">Erstveröffentlichung</summary>
    </release>
    <release version="0.0.2">
        <changes lang="en">Fixed bug regarding playback[CR]Improved Code</changes>
        <changes lang="de">Bug bei der Wiedergabe behoben[CR]Code-Verbesserungen</changes>
    </release>
</addon> 

This would have two benefits:
1. Changelog could be shown before updating - but only the needed parts (possible update from 0.0.1 to 0.0.2 available - show only second part)
2. Changelog could be translated.

What do you think?

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
+2 from me Wink
Not gonna bother myself translating it but i can undestand why Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
It's a nice idea but I can't see it getting used much translation wise. I don't think many addons have translators that are highly available.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Yeah, 2 is a waste of time. Also I'm gonna have to waste even more of my precious time writing xml. But 1, ability to read it before updating, is nice though..
(2012-09-29, 17:37)Mizaki Wrote: It's a nice idea but I can't see it getting used much translation wise. I don't think many addons have translators that are highly available.

(2012-09-29, 18:38)takoi Wrote: Yeah, 2 is a waste of time. Also I'm gonna have to waste even more of my precious time writing xml. But 1, ability to read it before updating, is nice though..

once the transifex page is ready for addons translation will be easy cause you only have to supply English.
writing the xml is a breeze like the example given. writing a plug in is way more difficult so iI see noissues thereu
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
structured and translatable changelog for addons0